BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the Rubbermate Prawn Trap I made... it cost about $10.00 - I already had the weights, and wire mess.

With a line two both corners the trap will pull up edge on to minimize drag. I have no hole in the side so the sent only comes out the enterances - and some out the top. And zap straps are easier way to make the netting tight, as opposed to stiching.

I maded wire funnels as enterances. They work well but if I was to make a new one I would make them so they point up, thus the prawn comes in and has to go down to get the bait. I used a 5lb dumb bell and 3lb wieght. I have cut holes in the top and bottom to make it sink faster but I don't think that maters to much.

Zap straps were half the cost. I have used it for three years and it has caught alot of prawns and is still holding up well.
Have fun, Jason

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Zap straps on the side I don't open and wire on the other. Oh, make sure to put the cotton line some where so it you loose it the line will rot out and the trap will stop catching.
Have fun, Jason

·
Registered
612 Posts
You're a very bad man Jason...Now the 3 Rubber maids in the garage are going to get butchered and I'm going to be in doo-doo with the wife yet again over fishing issues.. :naughty:

Actually those look very excellent ,I'll have to give it a try after asking the boss if I can have a couple of her dusty unused rubbermaids. :peace:
I have everything in my shop to make those without going to the store for anything,which is even better..Talk about recycling,,hhhmmm, maybe I'll use the "GO GREEN " route with "she who holds the bank account" ...Man am I whipped or what!!!! :'(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.