BC Fishing Reports banner

Running and fishing the Harrison.

731 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  roscoe-pco 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Heading south for a few days (November 12-16th) to help my sister move, going to pull my boat along and hit the Harrison and Fraser for a little sturgeon action. My question(s). How is the Harrison for boating, is there any locations to be extra cautious of? Lastly, how late do the coho and chum run in decent numbers in there? I am not looking for your special or secret spots, just general guidance to navigate safely and I will try to piece the rest together myself. Any help or info will be greatly appreciated.

Bill

#5 ·
I have never fished the Harrison but would like to try fly fishing there. The problem is I donot have a boat..So just wondering if there is any access to fishing from shore. Any info on general areas would be very much appreciated. Also, what weight line rod is adequate for Coho there? Is #6 good enough?

Many thanks, :)

#6 ·
8wt is better, specially due to the maount of by-catch....Chum that is. But I'm a firm believer in using what you got, or make friends with folks that have something better you can borrow :thumbup:

I'll be trying to get out mondays this month, feel free to PM me :peace:

#7 ·
AngleRachel

there is shore access which alot of guys use. you have to park somewhere near the golf course and wade out into the water on the long shallow bank just above the bridge it can be very productive there. that is the only shore access i know of except for the other side of the river which doesnt seem to be productive at all unless your in a boat. i might go out and try it this year. try ROLLED MUDDLERS in sizes 8/10/12 and im pretty sure others will share more patterns to try also ;D and i would also suggest an 8wt if you have one however it can be done on a 6wt just alot more work with them chums and a mutli tip line system would be your best bet as you can change up the tips to lighter or heavier sinks.

tight lines

HOOK

#9 ·
8wt would be the way to go. any sort of christmas tree variation is good, also a olive wollybugger with a bead head can be good. :cheers:

#11 ·
the only bad spot on the bottom end of the harrison is the bay when it enters the fraser, stay close to the right hand side when entering the fraser, be careful around Calamity point, heavy fast flowing water there. , where the two rivers combine the water in the middle there is very shallow and have seen many people run aground there, if your heading up river past the bridge you will see the log booms on the right hand side of the river go to the right of them and head up the main channel water is deep there and it will take you up towards the headwaters of the Chehalis.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.