BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone know's a reasonably safe spot to park on the opposite side of Peach rd. I dont have waders so cant cross to deep at Peach and would like to toss some flies into the new Pools that are opened up. Anyone??

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
only parking on that side is on the side of the road. It "should" be pretty safe but you never know these days. If you have driven that road then you should knwo where the cars park regularly, park there and take the 10minute walk in :peace:

·
Registered
92 Posts
You could probably park at Fred's Tackle then walk down.

There are no safe spots to park on the Vedder. Some areas get targeted more than others. If someone does know of a safe place they certainly would not broadcast it on the web sites. The safe days are gone - now it's just a matter of time until you win the window smash lottery. Best way is to drive a beater and leave the windows open and doors unlocked with nothing on the seats or floor. Maybe open the glove box and ash tray or console storage.

Sorry state, but true.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
There is no safe spot to leave a car on the entire system...It is continually targetted by locals who know where you will be fishing, and how long you will be away...Leave nothing in your car...Absolutely nothing!...Leave the car unlocked, but be sure a steering lock is in place...Nothing in the glove box, or any other valet compartments....Leave NOTHING!...really lowers the chances of problems.
Ortho 8)

·
Registered
911 Posts
Why not park at the campground and hike up river, you can cover from lickman to peach on this side.
CD

·
Registered
167 Posts
It's Chilliwacks dirty lil secret. Drug problems and homeless people as there are no real support groups to address these problems. Police in this area are stretched to the limit and cannot be everywhere to nab these crooks. At this point, I see no improvement in the situation, but it can sure be aggravating to know that some idiot can spoil your fishing trip by breaking into your vehicle.

·
Registered
78 Posts
going fishing is just like going to the movies or a restaurant when it comes to parking......like said before , use common sense......don't leave anything valuable, park in a visible area if possible, use an alarm, or check in when you can....its too bad that a guy cant leave his truck beside the river while he fishes anymore without worrying about it all day

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just heard that the police will be starting a new program this fall that uses dummy vehicles. They have been getting too many complaints and decided to do something about it. I can't wait till they start catching these kooks red handed. They also want all suspicious activity reported. SO DO SOMETHING. If you see something, call them. This problem will be a thing of the past. :thumbup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
BCnewbie said:
They also want all suspicious activity reported. SO DO SOMETHING. If you see something, call them. This problem will be a thing of the past. :thumbup:
Too true. A few years ago I spotted a guy looking through the windows of a truck canopy as I was driving by on Chilliwack Lake Road. I called it in, and in about 20 minutes an officer was up there and caught the guy breaking into another vehicle. BTW, the guy they caught was from Ontario.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.