BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey boys,

So I'm in the market for a new 9 wt setup, I currently use a fenwick hmx but want to buy either the sage launch or fli in a four piece. Any suggestions? this is for steelhead and salmon in the river u guys think I should stick with 9 or go to 8? and in which model? anybody got reviews on either of them?

I've heard that the FLI is good for new casters, is this true?

·
Registered
224 Posts
For salmon and steelhead 8wt or 9wt is fine, but I would consider a 2pc (not a 4pc), 10' long with a fighting butt - unless of course you go for a two-hander. In which case, someone else will need to make some suggestions as that is out of my area.

DP

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
dinsdale piranha said:
For salmon and steelhead 8wt or 9wt is fine, but I would consider a 2pc (not a 4pc), 10' long with a fighting butt - unless of course you go for a two-hander. In which case, someone else will need to make some suggestions as that is out of my area.

DP
Why would you buy a long 2pc instead of a 4pc, DP? Today's ferrules are designed and made so well, that they cast pretty much like a comparable 2pc rod.

A 4pc is ideal because you can still break them down into 2 sections, but can be broken down into the compact 4 sections for airline travel or backpacking. Being an 8wt or 9wt, you never know when you may want to take those rods for saltwater adventures elsewhere in the country or the world. I'd definitely go 4pc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts