BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my younger brother dropped by two nights ago with a few wobbly pops and proceeded to get me loaded :drunk:. Then he walked into my fishing room and convinced me on giving him two of my Thomas & Thomas fly rods and Hardy reels for trout fishing. OH WELL you win some and lose some. That's what big brothers are for I guess ;)... I will get back at him >:D

My question too all the fly fishing nuts is. How is the new technology of the Sage Z-Axis compared to the Sage rods of old. I am looking at purchasing the 4100-4 Z-Axis and the 6100-4 Z-Axis to punch line out on the breezy days on the lake. Both these rods will be fitted with Islander Reels just haven't decided on which ones yet.

Your input is very much appreciated. :cheers: sage

·
Registered
694 Posts
The Z-axis is a nice rod, Sage has played a bit of catch-up with companies like Loop and Scott to get more life into their rods. They have a progressive action that can handle a wider range of applications. The only thing I would question is when trying to punch into a wind usually a shorter rod is better when compared to an equal longer rod. I know M&Y had the 6100 on the shelf last time I was there, never looked for the 4wt though.

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
I think my biggest question is ....... HOW? how did you let him weasel you out of not only 1 but 2 rods :confused: and those T&T rods are pretty sweet and a hefty price tag :wallbash:

I did cast one of those Sages months ago but cant remember which one. myself i like the Scott rods better and they look even that much nicer also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.