BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have one of these rods ?? I know they are Sage's entry level rods but i was thinking of picking one of the 6 WT 2 Pc . I know the 6 WT is a good all around rod and Im wanting the 6WT for cutties, I mainly hit the harrison for them and the wind picks up pretty good there so the 6 WT is what im gonna get , just not sure on the brand !

· Registered
2,676 Posts
A Sage is a Sage. Even their entry level model is a good rod. My bud had his for a few seasons and loved it. That's until he snapped it on a tank while we were up in the interior a few weeks back. :p His fault though. Not enough slack in the line while trying to slide the fish into the net. ::) The life time warranty makes life a little easier after a misshap like that. The FLi is another good model that is priced decent.

Finder ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fish Finder said:
A Sage is a Sage. Even their entry level model is a good rod. My bud had his for a few seasons and loved it. That's until he snapped it on a tank while we were up in the interior a few weeks back. :p His fault though. Not enough slack in the line while trying to slide the fish into the net. ::) The life time warranty makes life a little easier after a misshap like that. The FLi is another good model that is priced decent.

Finder ;)
Thanks, Im thinking for the price of the Launch rods, I will go with one of those im thinking. Just have to get over the colour of them ;D

· Banned
2,854 Posts
im looking at a 10' 8wt FLI myself price is 330 canadian. if your at a good fly shop ask them to match or come close to the american my dad did this at M&Y and they almost matched it. what a great shop ;D good thing they know us i bet that helped LOL

HOOK

· Registered
1,989 Posts
Yellow i don't care what the make of the rod is i wouldn't fish a yellow stick! Green or brown for me! :2cents:

CK

· Registered
691 Posts
Not really Yellow, now my Loop Yellow rod, that's some gawd awful yellow......man I love it :thumbup:

· Registered
3,796 Posts
First fly rod I had was a yellow Trophy XL 8wt fiberglass with green windings. I still use it as a saltwater rod and have caught some nioce cohos and a few chum on it. It still holds a warm spot in my heart. (your first one always does ;) ;) )

· Registered
41 Posts
I bought the 6 wt Launch this summer, and used it about 10-15 times already. cost me $169 at highwater tackle. It has a pretty nice feel to it, and is great for getting your line out. It's obviousley not a $600 rod, but I don't see how anybody could be dissapointed in it. Worth picking it up for the lifetime warranty in my opinion.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.