BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm in the market for a new centerpin rod and was wondering what everyones thoughts are on the sage 3106L.

sorry just realized i put this in the wrong section.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
The 3106 is a ltlle on the heavy side but good for springs! If you want an all arounder I would suggest the 3113.It's limp and still has a strong backbone for some of those bigger fish. Deadly accurate casting too. I like it so much I bought the same rod in a baitcaster.

The 2106 is also a good choice. A little lighter in action but good rod for sure. I have one of those in a baitcastor too and it rocks.Easily handles a 25 lb steelhead.

Both the 3113 and 2106 will give you a lifetime of fun.I have 5 sage rods and these are my favorites

Hotrod

·
Registered
736 Posts
Hey Scruffy. You can't go wrong with a Sage. I have had both the 3113mb and the CT2106. The 3113 was perfect for Reds, Coho, Steelhead and the Chrome Squamish Chum. Has a great backbone and a sensitive tip section for the light biters. The CT 2106 was a great Coho/Steelhead rod, even the odd Spring if it isn' t that big. Was a bit light for Fish around the 15-20 lb mark. ;)

Right now I am getting a Rainshadow built up by Stryker and it should mimic the 3113lb. Should be ready in less than 2 weeks. I would have gone for a Sage again, but just don't have the coin right now. So I am going for the next best thing. I hope. ;D

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So i managed to find a 2106LB in the brown blank new in the bag :happy: didn't think i would be able to find one as everyone was sayng this model is discontiuned now i just have to get it built up ;D.

·
Registered
886 Posts
scruffy said:
So i managed to find a 2106LB in the brown blank new in the bag :happy: didn't think i would be able to find one as everyone was sayng this model is discontiuned now i just have to get it built up ;D.
Congrats scruffy on finding one. They are few and far between now to find. This is why I have a couple in the back burner. These rods are DEADLY :thumbup:

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so i picked up my new toy tonite and man it's nice :thumbup: now i can't wait to land some fish with it just wanted to say thanks to all of your input as it helped in my decision on what to get :cheers:

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have quite few Sage custom builded CP drift rods and my favorite is 3113MB and LB. Its awesome rods because it not to stiff to cast especially for CP reels and the MB version has little more backbone for yanking and playing those big bad springs and chums.

I like my 2106LB and 3113LB for low and clear water condition where I have to use lighter lines and I also own the meat stick 4120B for high water or for fishing the Thompson river.

I also own G.Loomis custom builted IM6 rods in ST1265 and ST1263 great rods for baitcasting reels because it little stiffer builted.

Silex-user. ;D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.