BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a 9143-4 rod. Have any of you fished these rods and if so what is your take? I had the VPS 9140 before and felt it was a little too slow. I will be fishing primarily the Chilliwack with this rod. Thanks Rod

·
Registered
218 Posts
I recently purchased the 5126 spey after trying my buds. 6126...I think it's one of the sweetest sticks i've ever handled and while bought as a trout, summer run, dolly spey...i'm starting to think I might use it this spring too...just too much fun to fish with...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yup my 6126 is a sweet stick. Very light in hand, I totally underestimated the jam it has as the top end is softer than the rods I am used to. It went through a seriously good test yesterday though. The top end is soft and very responsive while the butt has some serious backbone, enough to handle a nice hot chromer buck that was handing me a good dose of whup ass. I wasn't targetting steel, rather bulls (floating line, short light sink tip, long leader, size 8 fry pattern) and thats what the rod was purchased for ( fish 4-8 lbs +-) but this 37" buck while a hot and strong fish showed me that the 6126 can handle the shizzle. Crap, I'm still buzzed from that fish... hmm wonder what the 7 or 8 weight feels like?....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.