BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been invited to go up to salmon lake for a fishing derby. i've never fished there before. is it a typical interior lake? leeches, chronies etc? i'll be taking 2 total rookies with me. should i basically just troll leeches around? not much room for 3 guys to cast in my boat and i don't think either of them will be up for casting too much. any advice? thanks guys.

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
When's the derby Stalker...?

We're on the time of year now were leaches and boatmen will be on the menu quite a bit more than anything else...this is going to mean fishing the shorelines and casting a lot, but if you want to minimize the casting for your buddies, then yes, trolling leaches close to shore, along weed beds would be good, dragons, as Hook points out, could be good, but my bet is on leaches if you're trolling. A good person to talk to would be Fishfinder...

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Wooly Buggers will also serve as a very good attractor/leech pattern. I agree with rib, boatmen are a very good bet to have on hand. If you manage to hit a boatman flight, you will slay if you have the pattern. Scuds are a very big food item in the fall as well.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Yeah same tourny and get together. Wont be doing much fishing though, If you want to eat, you'll see me. Helping out with the cooking and stuff this year with ma and pa. It turns into an annual family affair, my ma and pa my wife and kids and the guys from dryco (YBS) whom I grew up with.
Don't get much time to break away ,but we are staying up a couple days after so we'll pretty much have the lake to our selves. I missed last year ,but the year before the lake produced good and the winner I think was around the 3lb range. It's a good time up there for sure.
Cheers
Crazy D

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well, i'm back from Salmon Lake. Hooked into a couple that felt pretty decent, but couldn't land them. all on a olive leech with a gold bead. the lake had an algae bloom going on, which made fishing a bit more difficult.

derby winning fish was 20.5 inches and 3 1/4 pounds iirc. i really liked the lake and the resort, so i'll be going back again sometime!

Crazy.Drifter, i probably met you at some point, but never actually managed to properly introduce myself, since i was all over the place. i was the short guy wearing the camo Browning cap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.