Heading out to the Sunshine coast on Sunday for a couple of days
hope to get into some springs or ho's
and maybe a ling cod as it is now open

anyone got any reports for there latley

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sunshine

BG, Here is a thought. I have been thinking about McCall Bank or Halibut Bank the last few days. I have not heard anything about either ever, but was thinking if it was calm, a guy might be able to take home a nice big yellow eyed rock fish, a couple Halibut, and possibly a Spring or Coho out there. Better check the regs for your area, I dont think you can keep a Ling in area 29 except 29-5. Maybe the Springs are hiding from the seals way out there on the Banks. ps This is all just a fantasy I dreamt up the last couple days while reading about the Big Bank off Bamfield being on fire, and is not based on any true stories.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Dog, would love to hear anything about Halibut Bank. I have always thought it should have good fishing but don't have the range to get out there in my boat. In fact I would be up for giving gas money to anyone wanting to take me there.
Have fun, Jason

·
Registered
116 Posts
banks

Jay, I have not been. I just thought Britguy might be close. I have never heard of a report from out there. Sure wont be going today. My boat is 16 ft Double Eagle.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Thanks dog,
I got a sail boat and getting out there is a whole day trip. However, if others think it may be productive I would think of going there and spending the money.
HOT GIRLS WANTED FOR SAILING. JOKE.
Have fun, Jason

·
Registered
21 Posts
It's funny, but I always think of Halibut banks as a good wind report when i cross the Georgia Strait, not as a fishing destination. Obviously, at some point it made a "name" for itself for the fishiing. If you are crossing from Naniamo, fishing Halibut banks means you go south of area Whisky Golf. It probably makes more sense if you are coming from the Sunshine coast. Reports would be interesting. Also, I've fished on the inside (east side) of Texada but have never caught any salmon - Lots of cod up near the Island but... I'm thinking they go on the West side of Texada. Anyone out there fished the West side of Texada??

·
Registered
42 Posts
Tod
I'm surprised that you didn't catch anything on the East side of Texada. Salmon fishing can be great from Northeast Point which is half way up the East side to the light at Blubber Bay. Raven Bay which is halfway in between is good for prawning and for springs on a morning tide. Blubber Bay itself is a great spot on Texada to fish.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry never heard of Halibut Banks
We went up the inlet
We got some Ling Cod and a few Red Snapper both Days
no salmon arround :?
weather on Monday was hot hot hot no wind 8)
but Tuesday wind got up at 11am and didnt let out all day

1 - 10 of 10 Posts