BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

How are the runs heading into the river where everyone lives, The Cowichan is, supposedly, having some chum and coho show up, but cant verify. The pinks are all but gone, few left in the bay but are very developed. So how are the salmon in the flows you guys fish?

Clayton

·
Registered
125 Posts
Fished the Stamp in Port Alberni the other weekend, water was high due to rain and them opening the dam but there are plenty of fish in the river. Lots of coho coming in daily and there beauty looking fish. This week should be amazing fishing in the Stamp, with the rain holding off a bit and the water clearing up it will be non stop coho for one that puts in the time. Fish as small as presentationas as possible, #4 hook with red wool and a bit of flash in it. Run the inside lines of pools and tail outs, i caught most of my fish within 8 feet from shore on sections over 40' wide.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Talked to my brother last night.
He hooked into a number on the Stamp yesterday, landing a good size Coho, a Spring and a Steelhead.
I'm supposed to be there but holidays aren't for another week.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That sounds like a really good run, If i didnt have to work Id be up there this weekend I'm sure, waiting for the cowichan to open up is killing me

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cherry Point Coho

I've heard that some coho have been spotted out at Cherry point. Anybody else ??
I'm heading out there for a try on Monday and will let you know how it goes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts