BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking for something a little different as to catching trout other than green timbers, desided to head out to Salmon river in ft langley for a few hrs lastnight befor dark! Started with a bottom rig using worms, hooked several squaw fish 8-10 lost count! Then swiched over to a orange blue fox and hammered 4 nice size cutthroat trout(sea run)! All between 10-14 inches, but was raining so i left the camera at home! The cutties were very skinny and had next to no girth at all! But i did notice that there were tonnes of little baby smolts swimming all over the place! Matbe that will fatten up the trout tha live in there! Good way to spend the afternoon when i was board as hell! Anyone know of any better spots on this river other than the bridge at glover rd?

C.K.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Try down around River road where it meets up with the Fraser. I hooked a couple of beauty Coho down there one time 2 years ago. Spent about three hours casting crocs one day after work on my way home. 8)You definatly have to fish the tides for those guys down low. I'm sure there's alot of trout down there.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats all i was fishing for(trout)! This time last year at the same spot i hooked a 16 inch cutty(wild). Lotsa farm land around there so it makes it difficult to access above glove rd. I'm not sure if you can fish above the fish gate?

C.K.

·
Banned
189 Posts
It used to be a great spot but since farmers use so much water out of there over the summer and the runoff pollutes the stream it's a marginal system.

I actually caught a Brook Trout out of that ditch years ago it was a remnant from an ancient stocking programme.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Fishing can be fun in salmon creek!! there are sea run cutties in the 2-3 lbs class in and around the mouth at this time. They sit and wait for the fry to come swimming out for a massive meal. The fish gates (15 meters before) is the cut off for the area. No fishing is allowed above the gate. Hey CK. take some single salmon eggs or jensen eggs out next time and see how many you catch!! :thumbup:

Steelie

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This system floods and ebbs with the tides of the fraser river! While i was fishing there it dropped 2 ft in a few hrs! Oh one more thing while i was there last and wasn't getting any action i reeled up my line and to my suprise i had either a freshwater clam or mussle attached to my weight!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.