BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find it interesting that as soon as there is a 20+ posts section for "reports" on the salt forum; suddenly there are 3 new threads of members under 5 posts asking "where to go".

Maybe it ain't such a bad thing if it brings em' out of the woodwork and get's people involved??? :confused:

Just to add to my "observation"....two of the members asking for advice just registered today after 5pm. :thumbup:

·
Registered
816 Posts
Pippen,
I agree.

And in the context of where I'm posting. I'd rather have one guy who posts reports than 100 who lurk. If a few are angry fine.

To me this is a place that is in it for the greater good. The greater good is not served by those who listen but don't speak... even their goal is not achieve as their question aren't answer because they don't post them. Without newbies having to ask questions to get the answers or info as a reward, no learning is done. The best learner is the person who is always questioning and this new formate forces people to up the antey of intrest post some of those question and learn more.

I wish it the change was done in the winter as we'd have less flak. But I'm happy, I know it is a good thing.

Thank again to the guys who got it going Rick and Rib.

Have fun, Jason

·
Registered
816 Posts
PS: Before the change you could count on about 5 non member during the off season and more than 10 on season lurk the Satl water section. Hopefully, some of those will get on boart and post now the formate has changed.

·
Registered
193 Posts
some of us do a lot of lurking cause we have nothing to post and as far as not learning if you dont ask ,all you have to do is more reading as there is a WEALTH of info on this site.
i for one have learnt hords of info and hope to put it all to the test soon :cheers:
i dont get alot of time to fish so i dont post much about my endevors,but when i get out there i think i will be a much better fisher technicaly and ethnicaly thanks to the contributing members and NON lurkeres lol :happy:

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tazzman...."interaction/contribution" is I think what we are all hoping for.

Trust me......my "endeavours" of late have been below average but I think all of us just like to read about them and look at some pics. When I am sitting in my office flipping through the forum I love to see a report with pictures and who cares if there are any "fish" caught; it just gets me "away" from staring out my window thinking of where I would "rather be".

On a quick note since the "forum" changes in the "salt forum".....a bit of feedback for Rick and the other mods. It is great to see now that there are more and more "new/low post count" members starting to jump in and adding posts. :thumbup:

I have been taking note when I see a "new" username and checking when they registered AND looking at their post counts. I think the "new format" of the 20+ posts is really brining people out of the "lurking" woodwork. :peace:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.