BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
I have always loaded my beach fishing reel with a SA saltwater line. I have just assumed it would perform better and I am comfortable casting with it. A good buddy of mine uses his rio system on the beach and does not seem to have any issues. He just makes sure to rinse it well after a day of fishing but the same would be said for a saltwater line. I can not give you any information based on personal experience with a rio system in saltwater but I think you will be fine.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I should have said coldwater saltwater ::) . Anyway this morning I took out an old rio (freshwater ;) ) 7 wt line and hit the beach. I used the clear tip as to not spook the fish with the line colour. The line performed well but i like the SA saltwater line better. Managed one hook up and long line release (first of the season) so I can now say you will be fine just be sure to rinse it well after.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.