BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay going surfing instead then. 12 ft waves for the rest of the week!!! Cowabunga!

Incidentally there were some fish swimming around sooke river in front of the campsite before the rain but could not hook into any. Around 20 chum and a few rather large chinook. Maybe more around after the rain.

Also saw someone fishing Muir Creek today on my way home from surfing but did not stop to see if any fish were around.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Fished the Harris a couple of days ago. Found some fish holding in the deep spots. The were few, and they wouldn't bite. I also saw a guy snagging like hell. Ever cast, he'd rip on his line as hard as he could three or four times. The coolest part was, he was snag and releasing. I saw him tear a hole in the belly of a fresh ho, horse it in and turn it loose. The river isn't even open to retention, so I don't get the snagging thing at all. Anyway, I saw this guy at the end of a long day, and I was so affected by his "technique" that i didn't even think to say anything until I was on the road.

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
Thats right ambler, they are there......but they sure dont want to grab anything, saw quite few yesterday (harris and san juan) but they sure had lock jaw, didnt hit one all day. lot of booty springs too which was good to see

......but the Garlic veges, rice, angus rib eyes, king crab and lobster was sure good.....made up for the rain soaked, no fish day :thumbup:
.............we call it fishaholics riverside grill

·
Registered
30 Posts
Fished the SJ system on Sunday. It was akin to fishing in the shower! I have never seen the system so high nor rise so quickly.

When I went over the stream west of the hatchery at 8 AM it was dry. At noon it was a raging torrent. According to the hydrograph we were there near the peak flow.

I fished the Harris for a couple of hours with my 3 year old son. In the time we were there the river rose about 8 to 12 inches! On the plus side we caught 2 chrome coho in the seam waters and both on my little guys Blue Fox Super Vibrax (orange). We must have just about bonked them in the nose as visibility was about 6 to 8 inches.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.