BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I headed out with the old man around 8 AM Saturday morning in an effort to escape the serious steelhead slump I have been in. The decision was made to head to the squamish valley and see if we could hook into some of those monster dollies (or bull trout...not sure what to call them anymore) lurking around. The upper squamish road at the moment is far from perfect... very slick and covered in knee deep snow. Took a little bit longer than expected but we wet our first line at around 10:30. It was a beautiful day the water was crystal clear and even though the temperature was really cold the fish were still pretty eager. We spent the next 3 hours with pretty consistent action. I hooked a few dollies/bulls and my dad managed a 4 pound rainbow. Great day on the river throwing feathers, beautiful scenery and willing fish.

The camera decided to run out of batteries fairly early in the day but I managed to get a few pictures.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Sounds like a geat day without all the steelhead pressure the rest of mainland has.Nice pics and it makes me want to get out tothe home river!

Hotrod

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
That picture of the fisher and the river is beautiful.............so is the fish pic
Nice goin' looks like a great day was had in the valley..Ortho 8)

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it was a nice weekend. I will be back in the hunt for my first steelie of the year this weekend at the vedder. If the weatherman is right there should be some pretty good conditions. I have tied too many flies now i have to get out there and use them.

PS I will post a picture of my go to flies for the squamish dollies when i get home if anyone decides to go up and give it a shot.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still getting use to the digital camera so my apologies if they didn't come out well. Anyways like I have stated in earlier post I tend to stick to the darker flies for poor visibility situations and the brighter flies for clear water but of course there are exceptions to the rule. I use most of these flies for steelhead but find that some steelhead flies work really well for char. Anyhow I hope this helps and good luck if you get to head up to the squamish.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
29 Posts
any fresh reports? anyone know how much snow they got up there last night and what kind of shape the road to the upper squamish is in now?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts