BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anyone has been to sayers lake recently,and what did you get ?what did you use?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I landed a solid 18" last year,tried this spring but people camping and garbage galore.Starting to look like the east end of vancouver up there. :cry:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks 2fly,I haven't fished it but if it is getting to be like that, maybe I don't want to.It really is to bad that kind of mentality exists.Keeps up and they will close the area down.Another case of a few buttheads ruining things for everybody.

S

·
0 Posts
Caught a really nice 22" last year by the fish pens but it is a tough lake to fish, that is the only fish I have caught in 4 tries. I also do not go there anymore due the partying and garbage everywhere. Even the cops don;t like to go there unless they have to. 8)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks spiker I guess those responses say it all. Sayers was once a sweet spot to fish but not anymore.Too bad :cry: :x

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sayers is by Stave lake in mission ,I think It is also called Cedar lake.Its about 20 min up the logging road on the east side of the road.If you past 6 burnt stolen cars you will be just about at the turn in :shock:

D

·
0 Posts
i go to stave quite abit. i know the those roads ive never seen any acsess that isnt gated off .the cars that are burnt are near the end of the road buy the mud flats . so you must mean i would have to take that firts left that goes up buy the gravel pit right? well if you drive up that road about 15 more mins there is this look out that is about 250 meter drop to a small lake ,is that sayers lake? after that the road gets ruff? so you must have to hike in right . :?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have been there once just to take a look. There is a bit of a hill then the a sharp turn to the right leads down into a small clearing people camp there. Short walk to the lake.But that was a few years ago.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You are right,up the hill ,road turns left then right over a small bridge.The gate is aprox.100 feet on your right and is always open.It is very nice lake,I always strip off all my sink line plus 10 feet of backing and troll.When in lake go straigt across pass the bay to your north and head south towards old hatchery.As you make the turn be alert for a hit.Good luck !

·
Registered
555 Posts
The hatchery closed down with the prison a few years ago, ever since then it hasn't been the same. I havn't heard of any fish outta there in a long while. Lots of garbage is true, very disgusting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts