BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
1,989 Posts
What kind of answer is that? Wheres the report! This site is called BCFISHINGREPORTS is it not? ;DSayers i've been told is fishing not to shabby as of late if you know what to use, and know what spots to fish!

C.K.

· Registered
116 Posts
I fished Sayers today ;D :p WOW i can't believe how many burnt cars there were up there!! Some good size rainbows in there and finding them at 30- 50 feet on leaches is the way to go!

no pic's i left my at home this time because last week i left my camera at Kawkawa lake at the dock and got it back by another fisherman from another site called flybc.com and it was Purplesquid who is the HONEST fellow who returned and made the post!! Thanks again PS!!

steelie

· Registered
555 Posts
Good to know someone is getting fish outta there, I thought that lake died :-\
And theres always an abundancy of burnt cars there, they come in as fast as they get hauled out. :mad: Maybe I'll head that way and give it a try, it is only 15 mins from my home after all :p

· Registered
116 Posts
Becarful the road is really rough. I drive a ford 150 4x4 and i broke my ball joints and my 3 of my tye rods yesterday and it's over 1500 to fix. The 6 fish i caught were in the 5-6 lbs class but not worth the expence of fixing my truck!!
Now iam at home here on tuesday morning at 830 with nothing to do :(
Steelie

· Registered
116 Posts
Last year i caught several trout over 8lbs the biggest being @ 14lbs :eek: . Otters ripped the fish nets open a few :-X years back and all the fish were let loose. some of these fish are monsters now. :p The only way you will find out is going yourself or believe me.

Steelie

G

·
6 and 14 pounders out of sayres hmmm not sure about that maybe i got the lake wrong isnt sayres the little puddle of a lake beside stave around 10 ,11 km up the gravel road .take a right go past the gate down a little rocky road then you walk to a couple mins and theres a little dock ? thats sayres right .if so you can get in by the prison now gates been smashed out

· Registered
3,796 Posts
I was there 3 years ago in February. Guy came to the dock with a football that I measured at 32 inches. I read in newsman's column that week, that the fish weighed 22 lb . There are monster big fish in there, but anyone who can nail 6 of them in one day is some kinda god. The best I have managed is about 2 lbs, and a six fish day there for me is usually made up of 10-14 inchers. There is a bait ban on the lake and I only fly fish so that may explain my relatively low success rate.

· Registered
555 Posts
I know the road well, I drive it several times a month, and to break your ball joints and tie rods on it,,,well.... you must have really wanted to get to that lake in a hurry. Maybe its just a ford thing :p But I can verify that there are absolute monsters in there,but they are few and far between. At least they used to be anyways.

· Registered
413 Posts
Fish can get huge in that lake. I remember my buddy caught a 10 lber in there just after they shut the prison down. There was lots of feed under the net pens, fish just gorged and got big. I think there's also a good shrimp population

· Registered
452 Posts
When posters here say that there are burnt-out cars, does that mean joy-riders have dumped and torched them there or that unlucky fisherman have come back to find their cars torched? Also, is there any more recent news about the lake? Some sources tell me that there might be some risk in leaving a vehicle there for any time while going out for a fish on that lake. ANyone want to pitch in their :2cents:?

(I have also noticed that the google earth satellite shots of the whole LM have reverted to older ones than were up there a few weeks ago.)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.