BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, just received a scotty downrigger from my neighbor last night. after looking on the scotty web site a figure it is the manual 30" telescoping model. everything looks to be in excellent shape and barely used but does not come with the mounting bracket. i will not be using this downrigger alot other than in some of the deeper lakes as i am not ready for the salt just yet, but would like to get some opinions on the different mounting brackets on the market. i will be mounting it to the deck of a 16 foot aluminum Legend.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
There are basically two types, tilt and swivel pedestal. Both a matter of preference. The tilt gives you
more room on the sides for smaller boats.

:beerchug: Marko

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey firstlight, i appreciate the offer for the mount but i am in chilliwack and do not get into mapleridge very often any more. i,m thinking i will just head down to a local supplier of scotty here and see what they have to offer. i was looking at some of the tilt and swivel models which seem to be very handy, but i,m thinking for the amount of time i will be using mine i will just get the stationary mount.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.