BC Fishing Reports banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know if its a dumb question, but there is a mint centerpin i wanna get in ontario for a sick price and he only wants cash, but is gonna ship the reel to my door if i can get the money to him. How do u do this, other than sending money from my bank account to his.

· Banned
934 Posts
your safest way is to do bank transfer only way to protect yourself or will he take a money order because if you send him cash he could be like i never got it and you ahve no proof

· Registered
1,660 Posts
Sending cash in the mail means that if it is lost, you have no way of recovering it. It also means that you trust the person on the other end to hold up his end of the bargain, because cash means there's no record that the funds were transfered over to the seller for the product. At your own risk, I suppose.

· Registered
3,796 Posts
If he won't take a bank draft or postal money order, i'd figure the "sick" price was just that. Sounds sketchy as heck.

· Registered
3,796 Posts
I see. Well in that case, go to your bank and ask them to issue you a bank draft in this guys name. It is a cheque the bank guarantees and the person you are sending it to must cash it in person (makes it much harder to steal) Depending where you bank, the draft will cost you a few bucks, or be free. You can also go to the post office and pay them cash and for a small fee they will issue a money order (again, basically a Canada Post cheque) in the name of th other party. You then send this to him and he has to go to a P.O. and cash it in. In both cases there is a record of the other party cashing the cheque is kept and you can prove he received the money.

· Registered
1,519 Posts
If you deposit directly in his or her account then you have a record of who,what, where and when should something go wrong! Good luck man!

Hotrod

· Registered
3,378 Posts
The fishing industry is plagued with "deals".. ::)...False advertising, fake merchandise, are all common threads in a billion dollar/yr. industry in North America. Scammers are everywhere....Knockoffs, of very expensive gear from freshwater/saltwater are showing up in fishing magazines all the time. It is very easy to make a fake rod,reel or lures......especially offshore.
See the product in person and do not buy with cash, PERIOD!.....DO NOT send cash in the mail......EVER ! (OK, I did sent cash once to Marsman for a battery)........If you must have this product, then follow Prof's advice....but you are still at the mercy of the seller....You might have the record of the sale, but you will never see your money again, and small claims courts are stacked to the roof with such cases.....There is a term used for ALL sales transactions..........BUYER BEWARE !.......Ortho 8)

· Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
a silver aventa, or one of the raven's. That is unless u have an islander for $175 or a Mykiss for $225. If u dont know what a mykiss is, look it up, sick reel!

I'll take a kingfisher for $300

· Banned
2,854 Posts
ya or a KF for $300 are you kidding me. If i found one that cheap it woulf be mine :beerchug:

YG the Mykiss reel isnt really much different then the Streamside your fishing from what i read on the reviews.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.