BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, this last week we certainly have had to work harder for these last fish before the closure.
They are still out there in numbers but not the biters they were. They have been traveling in the shallows too making it difficult for the dummy flasher set up's required to get these things to follow you though. Plus a large pod of Orca's came through, about 50 in total, great show for all the sporties, Com. trollers and whale watching outfits.
Today we hit the south arm as good catches took place by several boats yesterday, with several limiting out. Today was tougher, the medium chop, wind and tide made things challenging but we stuck it out the entire day and managed to bring home a limit again but far tougher then the last few weeks. Our best bite came on about 3pm as scores and scores of fish were again swarming, hard to look up and not see 5 to 10 fish at once. This lasted a couple hours and we were in the 300 foot zone then finally getting some to strike. Again 50 to 70 feet was our best bet.
It's been great, and quite likely, I may never see this again in my life as it has taken 50 yrs. to witness what has been nothing but incredible the last 5 weeks.
So get out there every one, ya it's tougher, but still rewarding fish, and some thing to witness if nothing else.
HT

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I find the fish don't bite much when there's orcas feasting.... BUT I'D TAKE THE ORCA SHOW ANYDAY!! over 4 fish in the cooler...

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Nice report...When i used to fish out that way,indeed it was a spectacle when the killer whales moved through,surfacing all around the boat but never coming up under the boat and capsizing you.The first few times it made me nervous,but after awhile it was welcome site and yes the fishing would die right off after they moved through!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts