BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Busted out the center pin today out in Lower Vedder and saw a lot of Pinks on the move. Saw a couple HOs but we're non takers :wallbash: So decided to peel out some clean looking Pinks out of the ugly ones but didn't even budge. Moved up river a bit a little over the campground and got 3 to actually respond to a black egg sucking leech with dumbell eyes I tied last night on a size 4 Octupus beak hook(shrug). I slapped a bug on a float fishing set-up just out of frustration really and it did got thier attention. I"ll bring the fly rod next time instead. But on a side note, anyone care to share what they are having sucess on with the o'l float fishing set-up? Cause there are spots by the duck farm that will not allow ya to cast a fly rod at all and it's where I saw some cohoes moving yesterday.

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried that today also even in really small clusters of 4 eggs but I got denied. My question regarding what people are using was just to get a general idea of what is what--to narrow things up a bit or use the info provided to prioritize the most successful methods and presentations. I normally throw bugs there and roe but somehow I got denied today :( Maybe I'm just bitter a bit for not having as much success today compared to the standards my daydreams were establishing as I was heading out this morning :confused:

· Registered
11 Posts
fished the lower Vedder from 4 -7:30pm yesterday. Saw scads of pinks through the canal upwards. Most were changing into their spawning colours but there were quite afew chromers that stood out like sore thumbs. They may have been cohos though. Had no problem picking them up on small sparse flies and small glo bugs on the swing.
Managed to keep one chromer doe.

Fished Duncan from 2-3:30pm before heading to the Vedder. Did not see one fish rise at all ,neither did the guys I spoke to who were fishing before me. The bar was deserted.

· Registered
24 Posts
Fished the Vedder early Sunday AM. Hooked into and kept a approx 6 -8LB coho doe short floating roe in the lower, below KW bridge. Hooked into a "mystery" fish, mystery because I didn't see it other than it was chrome, but lost it about 30FT from shore. They are starting to move in in schools now, the water is soo clear though that they spook pretty easily. Stick to the fast moving channels. :thumbup: Overall a good fun day. Scoped out tonnes of water for the upcoming gong show.

Jah

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Went again this morning below the campgrounds and saw a couple nice HOs close to the bank and stalked them as they were moving slowly beside an area with a little rapid. Roe presentation was ignored, tried to annoy them with a #1 colorado blade and still nothing till I slapped a red Christmas tree pattern with a gold bead head on it... Fight was on! but I lost it trying to maneuver my way on the side of the banks through branches that sticks out enough to piss the hell out of you to screw up your control on that 6lb leader :mad: Moved down by the duck farm and saw a guy hooked into what looked like a nice 12 pound hatch but it took him down a log jam and they both hit a draw for about 5 mins till the hooked popped out and there was a long drawn out sigh from the guy :( He pointed down the water in front of him and said that there were three HOs moving right in front of him but he didn't bother casting at them with the log jam three feet in front of him. Water conditions got a little lower than yesterday and still really clear. I don't know if this rain hit the higher part of the river cause I left Vedder around 1p.m. I hope it gets rained up there to change things up a bit. Tight lines guys!!! :cheers:

· Banned
2,854 Posts
YG dont wait till they are in big numbers get out there now and you will hit the super chromers. you think the slightly greyish ones battle try hitting a completely chrome one that rips you a new one not to mention the blister on the thumb (levelwind of course). <-- been there before OUCH and tricky to not use that thumb anymore :(

HOOK

· Registered
1,702 Posts
its pretty low in my opinion. I want some water first, i love sight fishing but not with a crowd of 20 around a pod of fish. i Think 2 days of hard rain will colour it up a little, raise it about a foot. Then the fish will move up.

· Banned
187 Posts
young gun said:
its pretty low in my opinion. I want some water first, i love sight fishing but not with a crowd of 20 around a pod of fish. i Think 2 days of hard rain will colour it up a little, raise it about a foot. Then the fish will move up.
just explore man, because theres no water means theres not fish :beerchug:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.