BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The skunk is still out of the boat! Enjoyed a day fishing with my old man around the bb and lo and behold 18 lb Spring!! :happy: The best part is that it was my first marble. I was actually telling my pops about marble springs when the clip popped and all hell broke loose. He did a great job of pulling all the lines up and netting the fish. First time I got to take my dad fishing in my boat, a truly great day! :beerchug: I would also like to report that I lost a monster 20 feet away from the boat, it was big! It ran with most of the line on my reel and as soon as I got the opportunity to see it, it spit the hook. Oh well, maybe next time!

Matt

· Registered
3,928 Posts
Nice work Matt! I was out as well at about 4pm til 8. We had a few shakers and two good hits with nothing to the boat. Crab traps were full which definitely helped.

I gotta keep a closer eye out for members' boats.

I do know of another member who was out and managed to get one in about the same size as yours, but it was a red.

Cheers,
Scott

· Registered
3,928 Posts
farny said:
I am going out today, I just decided some salmon is going to pay dearly today!
;D ;D ;D

Good luck out there Farny; there are fish out there....they were just being a bit "tight-lipped" yesterday at the BB. One of the members here worked down towards T-10 yesterday and picked up nothin' but jellyfish.

· Banned
228 Posts
Was out yesterday with my dad [ 16ft ARIMA SEA EXPLORER with an orange cone at bow] at Pt Grey area got one hit & two shakers. I agree there were numbers but "tight-lipped" as mentioned. But what a great day!!!! Sun & quite calm waters!!! Tried our down-rigger for the first time & it worked well. I think I'll set line back 50 ft from clip & also put 5ft leader from small flasher. [ used about 4 ft yesterday] High tides next few days so that will be great for launching etc... God bless & safe & fun boating.. Catching a fish is only a bonus to being out on the water..

· Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys! I am in a 16 foot campion centre console, so try me on 88 if you want a report when you see me out there. I am not as tight lipped as some boats that will ignore you if you ask whats up. (although I wont provide you gps coordinates of the spot I fish!) I will tell you what the fish are hitting. And remember, if you want to monitor 88 while you are fishing have a second radio on 16 AT ALL TIMES! I may day called when I had to pull a dead body out of the water a few weeks ago and all of the boats on the water were not on 16. Either that or they were ignoring me. Bull$%$t!! Help your fellow boaters when in need because you never know when you might need help yourself!

Matt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.