BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out early this morning - the weather wasnt great to start with but by afternoon the sun came out and so did the fish! We used - stink bait - or as Ortho would call it GOLD! Man is that stuff disgusting - the stuff smells like the worst outhouse :happy: The problems we did seem to be having is the way to rig up the bait so the hook didnt inbed itself back into the salmon. We caught 4 today and had a lot of misses!!! Had a great day on the water! Our largest was 6.5 ft - tried to get a good photo of him but they are pretty heavy for one person to pick up - :happy:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Steely said:
Nice Fish. I see you are using bait, isnt there a bait ban closure in effect, or can you if not targeting salmon?
The government is charging a $25.00 license fee to fish for sturgeon - to fish with no bait?? I dont know of any other way to fish for sturgeon?? I think were alright :thumbup:

·
Registered
102 Posts
I believe you can still use bait for Sturgeon fishing, but not when targeting salmon.

Excerpt from current regulations from Fraser River - above Mission:

You may not fish for coho salmon.
You may not fish for sockeye salmon.
You may not use bait when fishing for salmon.

You can find the fishing regulations for Sturgeon fishing on the following DFO website:

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/fish/regulations/docs/2008/fish-synopsis_2008-09_region2.pdf

As for stinky bait, first found out how potent the smell was during my first sturgeon fishing trip last year. Was not prepared for that smell early in the morning. The guide lifted the lid from the bucket and the four of us ran as fast as we could towards the bow of the jet boat. Never experienced any smell like that before. :-X :-X

Mind you smelly bait sure are great attracters for sturgeon fishing.

Going back for some more sturgeon fishing come October 4, 2008. Received a free trip and couldn't say no. :peace:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
.. ;D............................... ;D..................................... ;D............................................ ;D.................................................. ;D

Just like at Mc Donald's...............I'm lovin' it!!

Ortho 8)

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
leaseman said:
Good to see you had success (again!) Lynn....them fish are getting chunky now and the fights are fantastic.... will have my son and parents out on Saturday!!!

:thumbup:
Yeah! as you can tell I had a hard time lifting him up - :happy: This guy hit the rod HARD! And I said to Gord - is he a big one? Cause normally if hes smaller we just leave out the other rod. He was actually very well behaved for AWHILE - then I think he realized he was hooked! There were alot out there! Lots jumping out around the boat!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Good luck today Lynn...tell Gord it is time for an 8ft plus fish... :thumbup:

Let me know how it goes....will be out saturday with my parents and son (always a blast watch my 75 year old Dad fight a dino!), usually is a riot!

Mike

:happy:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.