BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heading up to Kamloops area today, can't decide whhether to fish Heffley lake or Sheridan lake....any feedback?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Following up (after long winter hibernation), decided on Heffley and glad I did. Covered the whole lake, lots of Osprey. Caught nice sized 2 to 3 lb rainbows. All off flat fish trolling the smaller section of the lake (where all he nice cabins and houses are)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Big Green, I am intrigued. I am heading to Sheridan this Friday after not fishing it for 7yrs.Opened my tackle box and I see the black with silver plug (not really a flat fish) that an old timer (real old) I met at the lake out me on to. Sheridan is notoriously challenging to fish, have you fished it lately? These plug still effective deep?

·
Retired Administrator
4,447 Posts
I have not fished it lately but don't think things have changed much, it is still a big lake with some big fish that are rather educated. I would think it would be a good time to go now.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I have reliable sources that tell me the lake is in a "slump" right now.....It might be better in a few weeks so keep the thread alive....Heffley is a beautiful lake and does have some nice 'bows.....If you launch from the park at the east end....go to the end and thru the narrows where it opens up into the "west Lake....Much better fishing here....As far as the small plugs go, Iagree with BGM the F4 with the black/sparkles is good, as is the same size in the frog colours of green/black spots....Fish them 10-30 ft. down on a 6-8 ft. leader, and vary your speed & direction once in a while......Tight lines...........Ortho

·
Registered
156 Posts
Got back from Heffley on Sunday. Fished only in the flats on the west side of the lake. Fishing was not very consistent due to weather. Had couple of days with 10 or 15 fish and days with only 2. Thanks to some of the member with all the tips and information. Made our fishing so enjoyable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts