BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have these been discontinued or something? I've browsed through the whole Shimano fishing site trying to find these, cause I'd like to see the different lengths that they come in. A&N still has em so this is kinda weird..Anybody know? I wouldn't mind picking one up in 10"6, I know a few people who have em and they're all 11'6 ;)

·
Registered
470 Posts
I got mine at Berry's. Nice casting rod.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
stictly designed/advertised for BC not the rest of the world :)
Is that right? well no wonder I couldn't really find them online! thanks guys...and to confirm, they do they come in 10'6?

Another thing, for those of you who have one of these rods..have you noticed that the guides wear out pretty fast? I was inspecting the guides on my buddies technium that was only used last year for the big pink run and the guide inserts look like they're wearing down pretty good already cause they're plastic :eek:

·
Registered
470 Posts
The Technium uses Fuji guides, which are some of the hardest available, unless I am mistaken. They should not be wearing out.

I'm guessing he is using braid. This can be hard on guides - particularly once it picks up fine grit from the water.

Nonetheless, If I were him, I would take it back to the dealer. I wouldn't be surprised to see it replaced if he just bought it last year. Good luck.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Technium uses Fuji guides, which are some of the hardest available, unless I am mistaken. They should not be wearing out.

I'm guessing he is using braid. This can be hard on guides - particularly once it picks up fine grit from the water.

Nonetheless, If I were him, I would take it back to the dealer. I wouldn't be surprised to see it replaced if he just bought it last year. Good luck.
He's using 20lb Maxima Ultragreen, I don't know if Army & Navy would take it back cause he doesn't have the bill for it anymore.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Never had any problems with Fuji Guides...and I guarantee I've got more hours on them than your buddy. Techniums are darn near bulletproof...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just a heads up in case anyone was looking to buy a technium. At wholesale sports in langley they are on sale for 109 down from 149. I got one for christmas ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts