BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone been fishing for them coho out in west van from shore? i've herd reports of the shore guys doing rather well on certian tide changes and i thought i'd give it a try maybe saturday morrning! any info would be great on what gear ect......

C.K.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what kind of spinners? i was thinking on throwing a 2 1/2 inch pearl green buzz bomb and what ever else i can muster up from the old tackle box!

·
Registered
901 Posts
I find the best is a home made spinner and a small lead with a slow retrieve
most of us that fish the Cap and Ambleside make our own
and we all do them a bit different
red beads green beads
ive seen some that look like xmas trees :lol:
and some plain and simple :?
just some do better than others
yet somtimes a buzbomd does well :?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks britguy! would the spinners you make be chrome or brass i see you said some look like christmas trees i'd like to try out this home made spinner thing but not sure on who has the material to make them or what size to buy ect..... if i can use some of your knowledge i would muchly appretiate it! thanx so much!

C.K.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'm still heading out on sat early a.m. tides i hope are good but first i should check!

C.K.

·
Registered
901 Posts
c.k. low tide is best
Sat 9.13am
3.03ft
fish the tide down
Silver blades are best with orange or red dots on inside
I will send you a pic of one of my blade set ups
check you messages friday pm :eek:
B.G.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i'm looking in my box only to find i have no silver spinners!!! grrrr i gave brass spinners as well as brass/fireside spoons(crocks) and a whole lotta 2 1/2 inch green pearl buzz bombs as well as blue pearl and black pearl but no silver grrr!!!! frustrating when the lure ya need ya don't have! i just got off work in chilliwack and i doubt anythings open for me till morrning! i'll check out this spinner you say and i'll have a few in my arsunalt for next weekend as well! but i'm there in the a.m. early i want to hook something for sure! thanx alot britguy!!!!

C.K.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
looks like work called so my trip is now postponed till sunday a.m. but i'm booking a week off in october to hit the good o'l vedder :D anyone gonna be fishing tidal ambleside sunday morrning from shore?britguy? i'm in sunday for sure! give me time to get some lures!!!

C.K.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
k my work day is over now the question is how did britguy make out fishing his honey hole thismorrning? i'm in in the morrning but finding a spot is my only problem? hey joe!!!! i've only fished the cap at low tide never tryed on a flood tide, but i'm sure there is a great chance of hooking a fish on a flood!

C.K.

·
Registered
10 Posts
No action for me tonight, but of course I'm not sure I know what I'm doing. :) Fished from 5:30 p.m. to about 8:30 p.m. Started by a little bridge (which carried a railroad) near what I'm guessing is the river junction (?), and worked my way west along the beach, ending up at a little area with a totem pole that jutted out from the beach. Very few people fishing. I was using spoons. Got no bites at all. :( But with my current set up (as I mentioned in another thread, I'm new to the area from Florida), I could only get my lure out probably about 30-40 yards.

Did get to see the area for the first time, and watching the sunset was awesome. Plus three college kids climbed up on the aforementioned bridge and jumped in the water. That was quite a hoot. :)

Joe

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ahhh i know where u were fishing not what i had in mind but none the less from where u were i woulda went right to where the ocean part is witch would be south west from where u were and look for some rock piles with i think act as a breakwater where u were is partly saltwater mixed with fresh i think (now this is just a guess) but i think the ocean part is where you want to fish right not the river mouth? where u were tonight is an awesome place to fish on super low tides where you can walk out and almost catch the fish with your hands<<<pun....if i knew the roads that lead to the best spots i'd give ya directions but i'm from surrey and i haven't a clue on the names of the streets in west vancouver but let me say you were very close to the hot spot i'm sure of it! maybe someone on this forum can assist you on these large rockpiles i speak of! on a high tide i see people here all the time fishing(and catching) constantly from shore!

C.K.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
low tide is just a little after 10 am tomorrrow morrning i'm there with bells on! anyone else going?

C.K.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
seen fish caught all around but at the end of my hook! i was shore fishing around the pink apts and hooked one salmon small 1 lb shaker(coho) very hot today weather wise! most fish i seen were caught on boats threw green pearl buzz bombs and stingzeldas and well maybe mext time!

C.K.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was walking around today with wife and kids after lunch time, and saw quite a few people along the shore. Don't know if they were catching anything, but they were sure trying. I think I'll know where to go next time.

I couldn't believe how much water gets sucked out in the first low tide, I mean it was incredible going back there. I could see where all my lures were getting stuck the night before!

Joe

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.