BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I am just getting into fly fishing. I've only been out a few times and have had no luck. At the moment I don't have any boat or waders, so shore fishing is all I can do. I was wondering if anyone on these boards have had any luck with fishing from shore in any lakes or rivers around merritt. In all the lakes I've been to I haven't seen anyone fishing off shore, except myself and one other family on Nicola Lake.

thanks for helping a wanna-be flyfisher

· Banned
2,854 Posts
i would give Tunkwa or Leighton a try especially the last couple hours of light before dark when the trout cruise in close to shore searching for food. try leeches, damsels, dragons, mayfly nymphs...etc.

good luck out there.

I had luck at Boss lake from the shore a few years back :thumbup:

· Registered
55 Posts
I've done really well from shore at Marquart and Lundbom. Calling up in the Highland valley lends itself quite nicely to this type of fishing, particularly in the early evening hours. Virtually any lake that has a solid shoreline with enough room for a backcast that is within reach of a shoal with a dropoff area can be fished in this manner. Use a floating line with as long a leader as you can comfortably cast, with a leach, large pheasant tail halfback, or six-pack[carey] If sedges are hatching, a mickulak pattern will do the trick. I've taken some impressive fish over the years fishing like this. Good luck! CHALUPA

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.