BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was up at Shuswap for the weekend and decided to hit White lake for the day. Got to White, forgot our pumps for the tubes so headed back and then decided to try a smaller lake, as White looked quite intimidating. Headed up to Skimkim, small lake up in the hills. "Closed to Angling" was the sign. Looks like they are or will be killing it off because of illegally introduced species...yada yada yada...open maybe 2012. :pissed: Why do people do this. Anyways, decided to try out White. Beautiful lake, quite clear and very nutrient-rich I would say. Between the girlfriend and I managed to land about 6 fish, one of which was a beauty 2lber that hammered my hook. A great day out in the sun on the water. The next day we decide to stop by Morgan/6-mile lake on our way home. Left the truck at home on this trip so we were limited to car access-only lakes this trip. Headed up the dirt road to Morgan and come to a very nice little blue lake. Fished it for a couple hours. Man was it hot, but luckily a little windy. Managed a couple bites, but my girlfriend had quite a few on, including a 2-3 lber. Found out from a ranger driving by that we were fishing 6 Mile!! :happy: No big deal, I just thought Morgan was the first one you come to on your left? No? Another great day. Stopped in at Juniper Beach on the way home cuz it was 36 degrees at 5:00 for some lunch and a swim. And then got stuck in Boston Bar until 11:00 because of the accident there earlier in the day in the tunnel. My condolences to the family of the victim.

Take it easy out there this summer on our highways. Enjoy this beautiful province responsibly and respectfully. :thumbup:

FF

·
Registered
452 Posts
Love White Lake. Clear, cool, and refreshing. 2 fish limit means decent catch/size rates. It is indeed intimidating for the tube but I stick to the Provincial Park area and its shoals so I'm never more than 100m from shore. Gardom is another lake being poisoned off. Jackasses are putting in Bass and Perch and forage fish too from what i understand. Good riddance! Poisoning is the lesser of two evils IMHO.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
White is a very large lake. A very nice clear lake. I just meant that being so large and knowing nothing about it or where to fish was kinda intimidating for us beginner tubers. And seeing that it was so hot out, I just figured all the fish would be deep somewhere out in the middle. But I was wrong. Still learning about lakes. Usually fish the smaller lakes where you know they are in there and you can cover most of the water. Good luck out there. There was lots of dragonflies flying around, so we both were using googly-eyed dragonfly-type flies in different colors.

Have fun! :beerchug:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.