BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i plan on heading out to the Shuswap this year for a house boating trip and i plan on doing some fishing for some Rainbows and Kokanee. I have never fished for kokanee before let alone a salmon and i was just wondering what works out there, i have heard that willow leafs work good. Is this true? As for the Rainbows im guessing they are more near the surface any where from 0-20 feet of water but how about the Kokanee. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I always use flys for kokanee, yellow or black or red colored ones. I've seen wedding bands work well though, especially when tipped with a little bait.

·
Retired Administrator
4,448 Posts
As for the Rainbows im guessing they are more near the surface any where from 0-20 feet of water but how about the Kokanee
The rainbows are not near the surface in the hot summer months during houseboat season. Your fishing choices will depend greatly on when you plan on going. If I were you, I would contact:

http://www.reelfishingadventures.net/

·
Registered
47 Posts
Chris said:
I always use flys for kokanee, yellow or black or red colored ones. I've seen wedding bands work well though, especially when tipped with a little bait.
You can not use bait in Shushwap lake and if you plan on keeping Rainbows you need a special tag.

·
Registered
52 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts