BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From reading some of the posts on here, it sounds like most of you guys are from Chilliwack or the Greater Vancouver Area, but I wanted to see if anyone fishes the Shuswap River near Enderby at all.

I am planning a trip for Sept long weekend and was wondering if anyone has had any success on this river. Also, Chinook season opened July 25 so has anyone been out there this year already?

·
Premium Member
4,449 Posts
Rainbow trout fishing in September is really good all along the river from the canyon near Mable lake all the way to just west of Enderby. Egg patterns of course work well. As for chinook, I have fished for them once during the July opening and will not do it again. Except for the odd bright fish, most were pretty colored up and were showing many war wounds on their long journey to spawn.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Shuswap River Chinook fishing, or Lower Thompson River

I could understand the fish being colored and beat up because they are getting pretty close to the end of their run there, but we are coming from Calgary, so I'm not sure if there is anywhere else close really close enough for a 4 day trip. A was chatting with a guy in the bar the other night and he mentioned Chase, BC but I'm not sure which river.

*EDIT*
Looks like a guy could fish the Lower Thompson at Chase. Anybody tried here before?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have fished the South Thompson in chase for rainbows in mid sept - nov. There are some great fishin that come out of the lake to feast on the roe. Biggest I've caught is a 5.5lb rainbow. As for springs, I know that further west close to Banana island there are often alot of people fishing for springs. Maybe someone else has some info on that particular spot.

Nalid

·
Registered
33 Posts
nalidixic said:
I have fished the South Thompson in chase for rainbows in mid sept - nov. There are some great fishin that come out of the lake to feast on the roe. Biggest I've caught is a 5.5lb rainbow. As for springs, I know that further west close to Banana island there are often alot of people fishing for springs. Maybe someone else has some info on that particular spot.

Nalid
I fish for Chinooks every year at Banana Island (head downstream from Chase, or upstream from Pritchard). If you catch them in the first couple weeks after opening day (August 5th this year) they are still bright. Closer to September they become darker but still firm (great for the smoker). I have seen some 40+ lb. Chinooks come out of there, but you have to get there early (daybreak) to get a decent spot as it is quite busy.

Hope this helps.

Dan

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rogue0412 said:
nalidixic said:

Nalid
I fish for Chinooks every year at Banana Island (head downstream from Chase, or upstream from Pritchard). If you catch them in the first couple weeks after opening day (August 5th this year) they are still bright. Closer to September they become darker but still firm (great for the smoker). I have seen some 40+ lb. Chinooks come out of there, but you have to get there early (daybreak) to get a decent spot as it is quite busy.

Hope this helps.

Dan
Did you guys happen to notice which methods were being used near Banana Island? Where guys casting roe out there or just plunking spin n'glos?

·
Registered
33 Posts
mustard73 said:
Did you guys happen to notice which methods were being used near Banana Island? Where guys casting roe out there or just plunking spin n'glos?
Most people at Banana Island were casting roe. A few were using FST's and the odd person was using spin'n'glos.
The majority of the fish were caught on roe.

Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.