BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just have to say something about this.
I was out July 25th morning for the opening for Sockeye at the Fraser mouth. As 6 am came along the steady flow of Commercial crab boats were heading out to pick their traps. As one of the long aluminum hulled boats cruised by at at 30 yards there was a guy driving and another in the back readying bait. equipment etc. while he did this we witnessed him throw a larger 2x2x2 cardboard box overboard, then another large chunk of cardboard along with plastic bags, he stared right at us as he did this. Whatever !! Who ever you are you should have your head read ! I really hope that piece of plastic some finds its way to wrap around the intake of that guys engine leg, costing him big. You have to wonder how much of this is going on. Who ever you are that did that, your a pig and part and parcel of killing our beautiful surroundings!
C/T

·
Registered
102 Posts
Can anything be done in that situation, like take down the # of the boat and report them...or is it just another situation of oh well s$*t happens. I know R.A.P.P wants info on poachers and polluters but i dunno if a box would concern them or not.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I thought about confronting them, and the thought of firearms concerned me, (ya never know), they were of asian decent and I don't mean to stereo type anyone but they just don't give a S--T!
I know for a fact the reporting of ## of boat doesn't work as I tried that before.
How frustrating ! Years ago a few visitors from south of us fishing Active Pass proceeded to throw their Pepsi cans over board, I picked them up and threw them back on their boat and told them they weren't welcome here if they do that kind of thing and they went BAZERK!!
Any way if you are the guy or the type to do this kind of thing, I wish hell upon you!
H/T

·
Registered
1 Posts
High Tide, I one of those from 'down south' and judging from our own litter problems, we deserve that reputation. Some places it's beyond belief. Thanks for throwing those cans back at them. Good on ya! I love BC and will be heading for Prince Rupert in a couple weeks for my annual trip. If I threw as much as a cig butt overboard, I'd never forgive myself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.