BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sign at Brigantine reads: ‘20 Percent off on all boat canvases’. Short and to the point. However informative it is, other signs have got attention.

One of our first was: ‘Brigantine Marine, the Best Little Oar House in Langley, BC’ That got a mention in local newspapers but ‘The Reason They Call It HST Is Because ‘Getting Screwed’ Was Taken’ got even more. Enjoyed having that one up.

The one that got voted down by the ladies in our company (and they are ladies) was ‘We Do Boat Jobs – Come In For the Best BJ In Town’. As I said, that got shot down in flames. Creative but no go.

So a contest. Come up with something funny associated with boating and, if we select it for our out-door sign, I’ll pay $25 for it.

One last. Full-sized canoe paddles hand lettered with: ‘Brigantine Marine’s Answer to Being up Sh*t Creek’ are almost sold out. We have seven left of 50.

Hey, being in the boating business should also be fun.

MichaelR

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hey MichaelR

How about : Pull abreast and look inside.

Centerpin

·
Administrator
3,732 Posts
How about "Slide on in for a rockin good time" ....." We preferr to be on top then the bottom".....

.........."Love the sight, sounds and smell, there's nothing like it"

All Good , Cheers Marko

·
Registered
513 Posts
Well if you are looking to be very daring you could always go with.: Pull abreast and come inside. Pretty sure that one won't fly with the office staff.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not bad, guys. Better than the mundane ‘20 percent off all upholstery and canvas’ that’s on the sign now. I tend toward signs that aren’t run-of-the mill ‘just like everyone else’ but I also have a tendency to signs that are, ahem, rude – or contentious.

I like Centerpin’s ‘Pull abreast and come inside’. A man after my own heart. Now if we could get that expanded just a little to ‘(.) (.)’s up motors fixed’ we’re going somewhere.

I have half a mind (which is about all I have) for this: ‘Boating is like sex: use it or lose it.’ Or, ‘It isn’t the length of your rod that’s important; it’s how you use it.” Or, ‘Tight lines: it’s better when it’s tight’.

MichaelR

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hey MichaelR

How about this one: Its not how deep you fish, its how you wiggle the worm that counts..

Centerpin

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Or how about .....

"Boating is like Sex .......... Experience matters!!"

"The way to a man's heart is through his worm."

"A boat is the world's best depreciating asset."

"Fishing is like sex....everyone thinks their the greatest, but no one really has a clue what their doing".

"Fishing is only an addiction if you're trying to quit."

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
"Let us mount your transom"

"Inboard/outboard...repeat if necessary"

"Deep is good; fast is better."

"Spend it here...before your wife finds out."

"Cox'n...just because it sounds naughty."

"Cox'n...it's a noun, not a verb."

That's all I've got for now.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk