BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a silex reel that I am thinking of selling but have no idea what to ask for it.I have not seen one in the tackle stores for quite a few years.I bought it in 1989 the reel is still in very nice shape with the case.Does anybody have an idea what i should ask for this reel. ???

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
hey there Tyee

you should post this on the "classifieds" forum and if possible post a pic or two of the reel

I have fished with Ribwart which has a really nice Silex pin reel you might PM him and ask what you could sell it for. I to have not seen them in stores for awhile however i bet it would be worth an easy 100$ ;)

hope this helps

HOOK

P.S. i just started fishing a pin (mines not a true pin) i might be looking for an upgrade depending on condition and price :D

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
I use the "Silex superba", I think they stopped making it in the early 70's...your reel I think they stopped producing in the mid 90's, but I could be wrong. Depending on the condition of the reel, ie: does it spin true? General condition, etc...you should be able to sell it for much more than 100$. The milner centerpins are kinda like the newer versions of this reel. Same 4" spool size and similar setup, I think they go for somewhere between 300-500$, you could probably sell it for somewhere close to that depending on the buyer and the condition of the reel...I would check on ebay and other similar sites and see what other silex's are going for...they're great reels, very sturdy, lots of line capacity, and a pleasure to fish with...and, they only get better with age...Do you have a pic?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I use my Silex as my main centerpin reel, and so am always keeping my eye out for others. I saw a few at Fred's a number of months ago that were clearly used (few dings etc.) but still in good shape. I believe they were asking about $350 or so. Ask around, and look on EBay, as the reels that I have been seeing were in the same price range as those at Freds. If you are going to sell it for the $100 bucks as someone mentioned, let me know and I will be right over faster than a speeding bullet. ;D

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Well, if you do decide to sell it for cheap, let me know, I'll give you 101$ for it... ;) Let the bidding begin...but seriously, you should be able to get much more for it...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies guys.I would never let it go for a hundred bucks though.The only reason I am selling the reel is I used to use it on the smaller rivers on the island like the little-big qualicums and the englishman river ect.but those rivers have been closed for years and are showing no sign of opening back up again in the near future.the reel has just been sitting for years.It is in nice shape and does spin really nice but has a few little nicks and scratches as ant reel that has been used will.I am not sure how to post pictures on this site as im not the best computor guy :-[ but if needed I can email pictures.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts