BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, last weekend, Wendy and I headed out of town to Manning Park for one last weekend in the trailer. We had just buried her Dad the week before, and seriously needed a decompression from the past month of worry and grief. The weather was absolutely gorgeous, with no clouds in the sky night or day. On Saturday we took the truck and headed off to Bromley Rock. I have driven past, hundreds of times, but never fished it before. The river at that point is a series of deep pools, one after the other. We parked at the day use area, walked down the bank to the river's edge and the beautiful, fine gravel and sand beach. Wendy took her book and chair under the trees, and I headed into the water. In the next 2 hours, I never moved more than 100' and hooked and released about 20 'bows. I took about half on top with #16 PMD comparaduns, and half on #18 hares ears. The biggest was about 12", but that is what a 2 wt is for. :eek: As soon as the sun dropped below the hills, it got pretty cool, so we headed back to Manning. Sorry, no pictures for you, but my head is full of them for me. A great weekend, and a great afternoon.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hey Prof! Sounds like you had a great outing! Good to hear you had a great, relaxing time...

Cheers!
Go Lions Go!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I was curious about that river myself...its just so pretty, good to hear you success there. One of my profs told me he has never seen a soul fishing it, Ive been near Princeton as of late and will have to give it a try. Thanks for the report.

Soprano

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
i have fished a few spots from hedley down to bromely rock. And have had luck most of the time. Biggest fish was about 14 inches. lots of whitefish in there too.I have seen big fish swimming around bromely. Great report Prof...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts