BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be in the Gulf Islands from July 2-15, 2019 and having a hard time understanding all the regulations as to where, when, what & how? I have a big 46 Carver, but will be fishing from a kayak. I will be staying in a variety of places......I.e. Poets Cove, Montegue, Ladysmith, Thetis, Ganges, Cowichan, Todd Inlet and a few other day stops?

I have attempted to make sense of the Fisheries and Oceans Canadian website and a few others, but am still left slightly confused?

If you could offer any help with links, intel or just a simple explanation I would greatly appreciate it!

Love this blog!!!!

·
Retired Administrator
4,446 Posts
Are you just looking to fish or target a specific species? There are coast wide closures for Chinook this year, but you can still fish, it’s catch and release though. There’s always Ling Cod,and other bottom fish.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Salmon is always a favorite target....so that a slight bummer on the coast wide closure. I will still try and catch them but I guess my BBQ will have to wait. I would love some intel on bottom fishing areas near Montegue, Ladysmith, and Ganges? I am just looking for a decent place to have some fun and try and feed the family some fresh fish one night? I will be all over 17,18 &19 but realize that’s a tall order but any help would be appreciated?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts