BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well we hit this immaculate little gem around 7-730am and we started fishing from the 26Mile bridge. this was our first time ever at this river and first time fishing a river for trout (like this at least). It was a great day out there with super clear water and only seeing 3other anglers all day it was even better. we each got 5 or 6 fish, unfortunately i lost all mine right at my hand(which is fine by me) but i did want at least one pic with a fish but that will have to wait for next time. We missed lots of strikes also :wallbash:

here are a few shots from our day out

hope you all enjoy ;D i know we did

next trip will be with the g/f as she bailed thinking it was going to rain all day (keep telling her not to listen to weather man) We were also shocked at how many of the fish were in less than 2feet of water :cheers:

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would have written more but i just think pictures are worth more than words :cheers: the water is prime but some tailouts are still almost waist deep and have good current and because its so clear the depth is very deceiving so be careful out there people.

Im planning to head out there every weekend (hopefully) until the coho start to show in the Vedder as i love getting them on the fly ;D maybe i will see a couple of you guys out there one of these days.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I fished that area last night for an hour and a half, and got about 6 or 7 fish in the 11 to 13 inch range to hand on both nymphs and emergers, plus a few LDR. One of the one's I lost immediately pulled out around 10-15 feet of line before I could stop it. I managed to gain back that line when it ran again, this time for some some submerged logs. I managed to stop it just before it when under them, and it was a stalemate between us for a good 10 seconds before it broke loose. I would have loved to see that fish...

Another one I lost was sipping surface bugs in a tiny eddy (about 1ft by 2ft). As I was still fishing nymphs, I decided to go back there later on my hike back. I had switched to fishing an emerger pattern, and I got in as close as I could (maybe 12 ft away). I dropped the fly in the eddy as carefully as I could, and could only manage a 2 second drag-free drift. As soon as it started dragging, I lifted my line and just as the fly came off the water, the fish literally leaped out of the water and grabbed the fly! I saw the entire length of the fish when it leaped, and it looked like a 13 to 14 incher. I hooked the fish and played it for only 3 or 4 seconds before it broke loose (obviously, I didn't hook it well enough).

This was my first time fishing this stretch of the Skagit. Next time, I will try the lower river further downstream.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.