BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, just got in from an afternoon on rthe Skagit. The water is about 8" to a a foot above prime water level, but is very fishable. only fished for about 4 hours, but between the 2 of us (my son and I) we had 9 fish on, the bigest 2 at 14". I forgot my wading boots, but had brought a pair of Ben's size 12 sneakers along in case he couldn't find a pair of wading boots to fit him. He did and I wore his sneakers. Man, I'd forgotten how slippery wading without felts on the feet is. Beautiful day on a beautiful river.

· Registered
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HOOK said:
Thanks for the report Prof. looks like im going to have to get out there quickly :thumbup:

did you get the fish on dries or nymphs mostly with the water being higher still?
Yup.

· Banned
2,854 Posts
ha ha ya unless your talking to Prof. he would answer you clearly unless he wants to give you a hard time :wallbash:

maybe that is his way of saying "take ALL the flies you will need" which i was going to do anyway ;D

· Registered
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got about 1/2 on dries and 1/2 on nymphs. I take all the flies I think I might need and am not afraid to change up if what I have on isn't doing the trick. On the other hand, the question and the source didn't come as any surprise. :wallbash: :wallbash:

· Registered
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As Gary Borger says-"Without an indicator the average fisherman sees about 30% of the takes. With an indicator he sees about 70%" I like those odds, especially when the water is deeper.

· Registered
90 Posts
thanks for the report prof....gonna head up there next weekend.....I'm actually liking the fly chucking thing lol....but i'll never put away the pin...haha....funny you mentioned forgetting your wading boots......I did the thompson by squeezing into my runners...NOT FUN...but the steelies were worth the work

· Registered
234 Posts
mmmroe said:
thanks for the report prof....gonna head up there next weekend.....I'm actually liking the fly chucking thing lol....but i'll never put away the pin...haha....funny you mentioned forgetting your wading boots......I did the thompson in my sneaker...NOT FUN...
I also did the T in my kicks recently. Did you notice that they smelled really bad after they dried? I mean horrible..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.