BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Friday was good day with an expensive start. Marko and I decided we would hook-up at Reaction and then spend the day chasing rainbows. I got to Reaction first, went in and pick out a few new flies to try out, then back out to my truck to stow them. As I looked in the back of the truck, I realized that my trip was in jeopardy, largely due to my lack of a fly rod (first time I pulled tht one). So, back into reaction where they had a lovely Echo 376-4 for a mere $160. $60 bucks for a RIO line on my reel (yeah I did remember that) and I was set to go. Marko, showed about then, popped in to stock up on flies and off we went. We spent from 10:30 until 7:00 on the water and landed 20 fish between us (Marko beat me 12 to 8) all on the dry fly and most of them 14"-15".
A trio of cookie cutters for Marko.

late afternoon sun beats down

I get one

The flash picks up all ther little stuff in the water here.

Another great day on a local gem.

· Premium Member
4,442 Posts
Re: Skagit July 19

Hey Prof, I'm sure you meant September 19 not July 19, but whatever it's worth that's cool that you got out there to hook so mny bows. Even the little ones push a surge of adrenaline into your heart when taken on the dry. I wish more people could experience this kind of fishing instead of the Vedder obsession ( or maybe I don't?). I love the Skagit and the Kettle for this reason. Hi Marko!

· Registered
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ooops! Fixed. Yeah, they can have the Vedder obsession. We ran into one other angler about 6:00 PM after we had covered about 3 km of river. That's priceless.

· Banned
2,854 Posts
nice report Prof. and that underwater shot is awesome. was that taken at dark? glad to hear you guys had a great trip. Did Marko tell you he had a few risers to a california blonde when we went? not a tiny one either but they just kept missing it. guess that fly will work anywhere LOL like crack for trout :drunk:

how did you like the Echo rod?

· Premium Member
3,684 Posts
I think the difference was the overcast towards the end of the day. Didn't try the Blonds this time
hook as the# 14 + 16 grey Adams with a parachute was killer and the more ruffed up it got the
better it performed with a couple of the loops sticking straight up.

Great Day...!!!

:beerchug: Marko

· Registered
146 Posts
Wow, some really nice looking fish there. I know what you're saying about getting away from the Vedder crowd. Today I went there for an hour but decided it was a bit busy for my liking. Headed to the Hope Slough and hooked up with a nice 16 inch Cutty on the dry. Even got to watch the rise and the take... So sweet. I want to fish the Skagit and it looks like the four weight will do. How long is it to get there from the 'wack? Cheers!

· Registered
334 Posts
I thought it might have something to do with protecting the fish while handling them.
Looks like you had a good time. :cheers:
I have been talking about going all summer but haven't given myself any time to do so.

· Banned
2,854 Posts
:happy: I hope that was meant to be sarcastic Mugs :happy: i believe they are called sun gloves and help prevent your hands getting burned when fishing. I hope Prof confirms this or says what the really are if im wrong. if they had full fingers on the index finger then they would be stripping gloves also. I would love to have a pair for out in the 'toon as my hands get burned pretty good every year :wallbash:

· Banned
2,854 Posts
hmm thats really weird cause when i read it those posts werent there :hmmm: really interesting because i wouldnt have said anything then. wonder why they didnt show up until now (looking second time after seeing update) kinda strange.

· Registered
2,348 Posts
Yeah, it's like the twilightzone

I need to think about those gloves, working in the field most days and fishing 100 a year skin cancer is a very real concern for me. Where were they found Proff ?

Guys who have seen me on the T know I cover up pretty good, but a solution for the hands I have yet to find.

· Registered
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Man, my computer crapped out this morning and I have been working on it off and on all day. Finally got a new system installed and on line now. Yeah they are sun gloves. I have had them for three years now and they are about due for replacement. Dr. silk makes a pair with no palm in them as well. I have seen them recently at Searun, but I don't remember where i got this pair. They are actually Lycra, not silk.

· Registered
334 Posts
professori said:
Man, my computer crapped out this morning and I have been working on it off and on all day. Finally got a new system installed and on line now. Yeah they are sun gloves. I have had them for three years now and they are about due for replacement. Dr. silk makes a pair with no palm in them as well. I have seen them recently at Searun, but I don't remember where i got this pair. They are actually Lycra, not silk.
Yah I assumed they weren't silk. I was just being an idiot :-\

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.