BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Just got back last week and had a decent trip. The Kitimat is running fast but the clarity is perfect. All of the skeena tribs are still dirty as is the Skeena itself. Came home with two from the fresh water on the kitimat and two from the salt as well. The river has changed so much from this year to last that you have to drift it to find holding water, there is no other option.

· Registered
407 Posts
Was out at the coast during the heat wave last week ( tuesday-friday ) the first morning the Kitimat was in excellent shape, hooked into 7 nice springs landing only 1. Through out the day the river rose and coloured up and on our second drift in the afternoon we went 0 for 2, all in all a good first day with many chances. The next morning awoke to find the river blown out and the fishing slow, we toughed it out in the morning but with even warmer weather forecast the likelyhood of the Kitimat coming back in shape while we were there was slim. So we packed up and headed to the mouth of the Lakelse river, looking for some cleaner water, and we found it. Over the next day and a half we hooked into a dozen or so fish landing 6 in total. I was pretty happy with the results considering how high and dirty the Skeena was and the limited amount of water to fish. Heading back out on the 25th for two weeks to get in some chum, pink and sockeye fishing, I will post a report when I get back and hopefully this last bout of heat helped to stabilize the snow pack so the rivers don't blowout again like last week. We'll see.

pgBilly

· Registered
276 Posts
Great report pgbilly, I might be heading up that way for the August long week-end. I have family that live in Terrace. Hopefully the coho will be showing up by then?

Were the springs you caught big?

Tight Lines, Nates

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PGBilly

You got a pontoon boat???........im heading out there on the 27th for 7-10 days, am planning on floating Kitimat until the 31st (usually alot of big chromers shoot in around that time)

Am hoping to get my alum. boat out there too for some crab & coho fishin in the chuck.

· Registered
407 Posts
I have a driftboat, hoping to chase down some of them chromers. Where are you staying? Usually pull the trailer in by the hatchery, and make camp there. We should hook up and do some floatin', I'm hoping that the high water cleared the jam above Powerline, if not it is still going to be Cable Car down.

· Registered
407 Posts
Hey Tacheeda,

Heading out west after work thursday and will be camped by the hatchery/pumphouse untill monday then heading up to Lakeelse Prov Park for the last seven days (my wife and kids are heading out on monday). I have a white F-350 dually, and a 24' Wanderer travel trailer, my buddy is pulling my boat up, it's blue and called the "Roe Boat". Stop in for a pint or a glass of rum, and hopefully some chromers.

pgBilly

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.