BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Without a boat is there any areas along the Skeena that you don't have to bar fish for springs? One other thing is the Kitamat done until Coho? I am new to the area, sorry for the "likely moronic questions".

·
Registered
120 Posts
Regarding the Skeena.......uh....everywhere! Bar fishing is just for the lazy......i mean relaxing types. I fly-fish, bottom bounce and chuck spoons all over the Skeena, and have many more hook-ups than bar fishers.

As for the Kitimat........right now the river is packed full of Springs and chromers coming in every day. The pinks and Chum should start overflowing the banks any day and Coho will be starting to show in the next couple of weeks.

Otherwords.........fish anywhere you want, with any method.......from now to October they'll be Salmon all over and then its time for winter Steel!!!!

Im coming out on the 22nd for 2 weeks, if you wanna go fishin let me know. If you have access to a pontoon boat, i'll take you down the Kitimat.

Curt

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi,Kitimat is full of pinks and chum right now.Lots of springs,some chrome,lots red.Another month before I even think of coho.Might get some early birds in a couple weeks but not likely.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Again thank you for all your help! I guess for the next week or so I am just going to focus on marine fishing. We've been doing well, good springs, lots of coho showing up, even some big pinks. Of course the halibut are there as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts