BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pounded the hump today from 5 am til 11. Not a sniff. Last night a guy lost 3 to seals all a decent size, according to the camp ground attendant. The whole time I was out there was a seal on each side of me, sometimes up to 5, no more than 60 yards away. Have to try it on the evening flood tide I guess, usually I do well on the crack o' dawn tides when the weather is warm and hot. I fogot to bring the .22, um, for halibut of course.

·
Registered
770 Posts
WaterWalkin' said:
Pounded the hump today from 5 am til 11. Not a sniff. Last night a guy lost 3 to seals all a decent size, according to the camp ground attendant. The whole time I was out there was a seal on each side of me, sometimes up to 5, no more than 60 yards away. Have to try it on the evening flood tide I guess, usually I do well on the crack o' dawn tides when the weather is warm and hot. I fogot to bring the .22, um, for halibut of course.
Yeah..it's a problem..especially when you're the only boat out there...

The problem with shooting them is that "they float" and if a couple of dozen deal harbour seals started showing up...you bet someone would start to wonder...

·
Registered
648 Posts
pounded the QA yesterday, not a sniff, for us or any of the other 3 or 4 boats, all guided, that were there. so many seals, never more than a hundred feet away, and never less than 3 or 4. even if we hooked one, there's no way that we would have landed it! on the bright side, I've never seen so many legal crab in two traps. we kept our limit, and threw back a couple of dozen legal sized. half of our keepers were over 7 inches! great day to be fishing though.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey man!! I just got my 18 foot whaler in the water and ready for riggin some spring can u all help me with destinations as iam new to the chuck. i tried SE bowen island last night and had a knock off but no fish!! in 4 hour i got 50 jumbo prawns! never seen anything like it and they were so good!! Please and Thank you for the Help!!

P.S looking for a good map site please help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts