BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if someone uses slinky rigs. I was thinking to use it, just to try something different. I know that in theory they work better in slow water drifting smoothly than pencil lead rigs. Did any of you try it?

G

· Banned
2,854 Posts
I use the roll of lead and cut it so the hole stays open then put my mainline through the whole, add a bead (to protect knot, then the swivel, and then direct tie my leader to this. I used to fish with the pre made lead bars with the metal eyelet but since i changed to this setup i have noticed a big difference in sensitivity and hook sets.

· Registered
691 Posts
I've tried them and i find pencil lead to be easier as there's a lot more work into the slinky by the time your done not worth it IMO.....the only advantage to them is their suppose to snag up less on the bottom but then again your weight shouldn't be on bottom anyways,as for sensitivity i think you have less cause the cord that the weight is in absorbs some of the shock as when you are hitting bottom.I've also been slinding my main through the pencil lead and find that works fine for me less time spent rigging up and more time on the flow ;D

scruff

· Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see your point guys. It is true that it's easier with pencil lead to go down quickly. But certainly slinks also have some advantage for example when fishing in streams with a lot of rocks...

G

· Registered
691 Posts
Millertime said:
What exactly is a 'slinky' and what is the set up?
it's small round lead looks just like shot but with out the split and you put them in the fabric tube burn both ends to seal and add a snap swivel and your set...the amount of lead is determind by the size of float your using.

cheers
scruffy

· Registered
8 Posts
scruffy said:
Millertime said:
What exactly is a 'slinky' and what is the set up?
it's small round lead looks just like shot but with out the split and you put them in the fabric tube burn both ends to seal and add a snap swivel and your set...the amount of lead is determind by the size of float your using.

cheers
scruffy
OK thanks. I have searched for a photo via the intenet of this 'ball/fabric slinky' setup..... but cannot find one?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.