BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left the boat launch at 5:30am, and arrived at the spot at 5:50am. Only to find that there was a big tent and 3 boats already there. Still got into the spot we wanted. Since there was 6 of us fishing we had to cast out 6 bar rods. It was fairly packed where we landed so the rods were only a good 6 feet apart (normally like them 10+ apart) at a bout 6:15 had the rods in the water and the chairs set up. Now only to play the waiting game. We've heard good reports from this area. Well today was not like any other day. It was a SLOW day. After changing around combinations and leader lenghts. At about 8:30 there was already a good 30-35 rods out on the bar and a good 20 in the boats anchored. Only 3 fish hooked to prove for it.

9:00 came when out of no where the bell started to ring on one of our rods, out of my seat in disbelif,the race was on for the second time this year in 2 trips, hook set and a killer run, moments later my 1st spring of the year was beached. A 15lb chrome buck.

There was only another 3-4 fish hooked on the whole bar by the time we left at 1:00. Kind of a slow day. Lots of boats moving around. Quite a bit of debris in the water as well.

Good Luck, and Tight Lines
Mike <")))))><

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
thats a nice fish i cant wait to give it a whirl never bar fished this will be my first time
:p

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
looks close to 15 to me

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Very nice fish Mike :!: :!:

Lot's of chromers (with sea lice still on them) in the flow right now. Not to take away from your catch but ...

For those of you who don't know how to tell the diff. between a buck or doe at this early development stage ...... if the mouth opening is parallel with the eye it is a Doe ....... if the slit of the mouth extends behind the eye it is a Buck. Hard to tell by other factors at this stage in their life cycle.

You can see even in Mike's pic that the opening is behind the eye ........ a Buck.

Again GREAT CATCH Mike ...

GOFISH 8)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Nice fish. I'm itching to get out spring hunting, though, I don't have a boat. Crapper!

My buddy was out and had a nice chromer, likely 30+ on the beach the other day. Put up a heck of a fight for 25 min. But I wasn't with him. Bummer.

B-Daddy

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Nice fish! Looks like 15 lbs to me! The thing with digital cameras that I noticed is when you get them on the PC, fish always look smaller than they really are.I hope to get out to the Fraser for some big chromers

Hotrod

·
Registered
117 Posts
Nice fish!
It looks 15LB to me too.
A fish look smaller in a picture taken at a longer focal length.
Look at the visual depths of the rods - it was zoomed in, hence longer focal length.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ya, I zoomed the pic in on my PC so the background (landmarks) wern't showing haha......

Mike <")))))><

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Steely your so close. I don't fish grassy so its not it (and its on the other side of the river as well) :wink:

Mike <")))))><

·
Registered
20 Posts
He's telling the truth Steely. Look at the shadow. 9AM and to his left. He is facing North towards shore. He is on the north side of the river. It helps to narrow down where someone is if you look at the shadows. Heh, now everyone will be editing their shadows :roll:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts