BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if the smaller lakes in and around the lower mainland (region 2) are getting good again for fly fishing or is it still too hot (yeah right) out?
Any thoughts?

· Registered
87 Posts
I was walking around green timbers today and saw a couple of fish surface (believe it or not).I'm not saying timbers would be good,but it made think about buntzen lake, now that it has cooled down it may pick up.I'll probably go on sun.

· Banned
2,854 Posts
green timbers can be great. some days. I have had 60fish days in that little lake. biggest on my fly rod in there is around 4lbs. biggest i got before i learned to fly fish was 5lbs on a lure. the lake is usually best in the spring and fall but if you fish the last couple three hours before dark during the summer you can be surprised what could happen. im not guaranteeing you will catch fish as it can be a very tough lake but can also be very easy, thats fishing.

in the summer months i usually just toss out a chronie at about 4feet deep and let it sit. problem is everytime you look away they will tap or strike it very gently :wallbash: so you will miss some but if you have patience for that you could be rewarded. the average fish are 12" but nice scrappy little guys. you can also try dragons or damsels this time of year with a slow sink line and this may be affective. Just keep changing up and see what might get you a fish or two, just remember in the heat fish are lazy and this lake is no acception sometimes i think they are lazier then other lakes.

· Registered
95 Posts
Are we talking about green timbers on 140th in Surrey? Please don't bite my head off but was it a virtual 4 pounder?
I guess since the only thing I have seen anyone catch there is some rays, that it was too hot.
Might want pack bear spray to fend off the locals.

· Banned
2,854 Posts
yes it was infact there was one years ago on the front page of the Surrey Leader that was weighed at 12lbs! it was huge and ugly but a little kid got it so it was awesome. there are some lunkers in there but they are few and far between. I have caught lots around 2lbs in there though and normally during the hot months.

· Registered
517 Posts
trout80 said:
I was walking around green timbers today and saw a couple of fish surface (believe it or not).I'm not saying timbers would be good,but it made think about buntzen lake, now that it has cooled down it may pick up.I'll probably go on sun.
Is there any easy to-find spot on buntzen lake where you can fish from shore? Or walk in it, but no pontoon or float tube? thanks

G

· Registered
517 Posts
darcycote said:
the boat launch dock,a dock just past the dog park,one a little further down and a dock at the far end of the lake. bring yor bike.
I have been there today, thanks darycote. However, I think that is good idea not to go there saturday or sunday :) to many people and not space for using my fly rod. The place is beautiful though and the water crystal clear. so nice. I'll probably go back weekdays. cheers

G

· Registered
87 Posts
Giuseppe said:
darcycote said:
the boat launch dock,a dock just past the dog park,one a little further down and a dock at the far end of the lake. bring yor bike.
I have been there today, thanks darycote. However, I think that is good idea not to go there saturday or sunday :) to many people and not space for using my fly rod. The place is beautiful though and the water crystal clear. so nice. I'll probably go back weekdays. cheers

G
When you go back it may be possible to get fish on the fly from the beach.I have caught fish close to the beach using my pontoon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.