BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,519 Posts
I just got back from the Vedder and at first light it was a silty green color. Still very fishable but deteriated quickly to zero vis. Went up above Alison pools after that and it was green as well.It was going out fast too. My buddy hooked and landed a beaute up there. On my way back down checked the Vedder crossing and it was borderline green looking like it wanted to turn silty grey.So it was getting worse and I would suspect it will be mud by the end of this rain. No hook ups for me so that's 0 for 2! :(

Hotrod

· Registered
1,160 Posts
Was up at old ranger area late in the day and it appears that a huge slump(clay slide) may have occurred recently, looked to be today, but I haven't been up that way for some time, so maybe someone else can chime in. The clay had slid almost right across the northern side channel and was just trickling around it and a fresh tree was down on the small island.

Every 5 to 10 minutes another mini slide would plop in.

As a director of the Chilliwack River action Commitee I am very frustrated that we are wasting our money on studies about these slides when it's very clear that the upper slide is a big problem for insect life, alagae growth and egg and juvenilles survival. Be nice to see our government put a little $$cake at the most heavily fished river in BC, wake up Gordo, it's good business for [email protected]&k sakes.

Time to resort to high water tactics, which can be killer if you dial em.

· Registered
1,519 Posts
I was at the prison run around 1:30 this afternoon and it was still silty green. I saw no hint of a major clay slide at all. Just yopur typical color. But below slesse and around Tamahi it was chalky grey Big time!

Hotrod

· Registered
1,165 Posts
You should see the slide at Slesse. The slide has now gone so far back into the woods that there is now a house with a corner of it's foundation sitting at the edge of the slide. Yes the clay bank at the old ranger run is bad but slesse is going to be a hole lot worse especially if that house comes down. I was there this past fall during coho and the house could not be seen. Now on the other hand it is right there. It will not be long before it comes down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.