BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
1,989 Posts
even if it was caught commercially could you still sell it? Not that i recall!
Even if he's first nations you can't sell salmon unless by a licenced vendor right? Or am i wrong?

CK

· Registered
415 Posts
Getting ahold of anyone from DFO these days Eimaj is a total joke. I worked for DFO in various capacities for 29 years and I know. Even if you have a phone number, more often than not you get a recorded message from some $%$#& secretary who should be answering the damned thing rather than painting her toenails.

I scoured the DFO site but the only email addresses they seem to give out are the ones that give THEM the most pleasure and brownie points. I found a phone number for the Queen Charlotte City office and hope you have some luck in someone answering. Its 250-559-4413. I found a fax number for a habitat unit in the Prince Rupert office, which is the same office where the North Coast Enforcement Team apparently eat their donuts. Its 250-627-3480. I suppose if you write nice, someone will hopefully pass it on to the Team. Good luck!

· Registered
3,796 Posts
I have sent this on to Devona Adams, Regional Recreational Fisheries Co-ordinator. I sent a query regarding selling salmon roe to them a week ago and received a reply from her within 24 hours. Maybe they are trying to be more responsive Rivahman.

· Registered
415 Posts
Devona Adams is a true gem Professori and is easily the most responsive DFO person I have ever known. Unfortunately all she can do is pass the information on and hope it is acted upon. One thing is for certain though, she WILL pass info on to the appropriate person. Its too bad there aren't more like her, particularly in district and subdistrict offices and with enforcement personnel ,where getting any information or passing information, is like pulling teeth.

· Registered
303 Posts
professori said:
I have sent this on to Devona Adams, Regional Recreational Fisheries Co-ordinator. I sent a query regarding selling salmon roe to them a week ago and received a reply from her within 24 hours. Maybe they are trying to be more responsive Rivahman.
Probably they (DFO)start to visiting this site Proffesori......... :beerchug::happy:

:cheers:

B.

· Registered
1,989 Posts
IMO i honestly think DFO would learn a thing or to if the visited this site! They would be able to read views from anglers on methods of fishing and find other valuable information that they really need to review!

CK

· Registered
3,796 Posts
For all of yu wothink DFO doesn't pay any attention to complaints, i offer the followng:

Sent last night:

Ms. Adams - This may be of interest to you:

"coho salmon - $15
Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2007-11-30, 2:02PM PST
I have 20 coho salmon caught in the Queen Charlottes. Will sell for $15 each approximately 10-15lbs. Excellent for smoking. For more information, call (604)-217-3393 ask for Al."

Received at 9:04 this AM:

Mr. Harris
I appreciate this heads up and I will send to our enforcement staff for follow-up.
Thanks
Devona

True, this may not result in charges or comvictions, but there seems to be a willingness to pay attention at least.

· Registered
1,461 Posts
coho_killer said:
IMO i honestly think DFO would learn a thing or to if the visited this site! They would be able to read views from anglers on methods of fishing and find other valuable information that they really need to review!

CK
Ive heard that forums are visited by them, probably not daily like most members on here though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.