BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hit the squish at first light today, hunting for a few good coho. nice morning, not too cold, and no rain till about 10:30.
vis was about a foot and a half, deteriorated to about 6 inches after a couple of hours of rain, river up at least a foot when I left at 4:00pm. couldn't find any coho to save my life, and to top it off, the spinning reel on my convergence failed to spin!!! took away my favourite weapon for coho last week, #3 and #4 blue foxes. stubbornly tried a variety of gear under my float, to no avail. chum bite was not that good, according to a couple of guys fishing red wool nearby. tried chucking a couple of spoons, all I ended up with was a couple of chum swimming around with some new jewelry! was getting a little desperate, so I pulled one out of the hat. 1 inch of pencil lead, med dink float 2 inches above, and a garish pink jig, with a 18 inch leader.
I tell you guys, I could not keep them off :D :D :D . at one point it was six straight casts with fish on. I lost count of how many I landed in the next three hours, but I would hazard a guess of around a couple of dozen. all clean, some bright chrome does, and wild bucks, aerials, flips, and something I'd never seen before, cartwheels. all of the fish were hooked seriously in the mouthes. quite a few mangled jigs. finally just got too cold and wet, and to be truthfull, my arms were pretty tired as well. don't think that the river will be fishable again for a while, glad I went up today :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
marabou, loud and kinda like a Las Vegas showgirl!!!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
that's fishing at it's best, when you get a memory that you weren't counting on. Nice report ogobogo!

Hotrod

G

·
Nice report ogo....man I wish I coulda gone with you...sounds like it worked out pretty good...pink jig huh?
Might try and hit the cap tomorrow...
rib

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
go to bentrods.ca, you'll find everything you need to know about jigs. Rod is right about the need for good quality hooks, the cheap ones are one fish wonders.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts