BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well with the abundance of sox available a few weeks back, I managed to put 10 chrome beauties in vacuum sealed bags in my freezer. I have had a few meals so far, and thought I'd share some of the recipes.

Barbecued Sockeye
Marinade
1/4 c. pure maple syrup
1/2 c. mayonnaise
1 Tbsp dried dill
2 cloves garlic (crushed)
mix all ingredients together thoroughly. Spread evenly over flesh side of 2 salmon fillets. Cover in plastic wrap and place in fridge for at least 8 hours (overnight is better). Barbeque, on greased tin foil, skin side down, until the fish flakes easily, but is still moist. Serve with fresh asparagus, corn on the cob and wild rice. Serves 6-8

Steamed Sockeye

For this recipe, I use a12" double Chinese bamboo steamer over a large pot.

Use one whole sockeye fillet, cut into 2 to 3 inch vertical strips.
put 3 cups of water in the pot and bring to a boil. Once the water boils, throw in 2 Tbsp of mango black tea, reduce heat to a slow boil and immediately place a steamer rack on the pot, and put half of the salmon pieces in the rack. Place the second rack on top of the first and place the remaining salmon in it. Put the lid on the steamer. Check the bottom steamer after 5 to 7 minutes. When white fat starts to rise out of the flesh, Switch the 2 racks and continue steaming for another 4 or 5 minutes. Remove the racks from the pot, and plate the salmon chunks. Serve with basmati rice,fresh peas, or green beans and salad. Any tea can be used, but the mango flavour goes exceedingly well with sockeye. Serves 4

Sockeye Alfredo

1/2 mild yellow onion
1/2 sockeye fillet, skin removed
1 bottle Classico Alfredo sauce (or your own recipe)
1 Tbsp capers
1/2 Tbsp dried dill
I Tbsp Olive oil

Chop onion into medium pieces. Cut salmon into 1" chunks.
Heat olive oil in a medium skillet until a drop of water spatters mildly.
Add onion and stir gently until the onion starts to caramelize. Add the salmon pieces and dill and stir constantly, breaking the salmon pieces down into smaller bits as they cook. Once thoroughly cooked, add the sauce and capers, and simmer for ten minutes.
Serve over hot linguine or fettucine, accompanied by warm garlic bread. Serves 4. (This sauce can be refrigerated overnight and is even richer tasting when reheated).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts