one hour before sunrise to one hour after sunset. Check your local newspaper
for these times.

Landstrom Bar Closure - The area described below remains closed until October
31, 2006:

Those waters of the Fraser River inside a line beginning at a fishing boundary
sign on the eastern end of Landstrom Bar, then to a fishing boundary sign on
the opposite bank, then to a fishing boundary sign on the southern end of Croft
Island, then westerly to a fishing boundary sign on the nearest bank of the
river, then following the river bank to the beginning point.

Variation Order No. 2006-374.

Notes:

Barbless hooks are required when fishing for salmon in tidal and non-tidal
waters of British Columbia. This includes all species of fish in the Fraser
River.

Anglers are requested to release any hatchery marked sockeye. These fish are
hatchery raised sockeye and part of a recovery program designed to increase the
numbers of Cultus Lake sockeye.

The term "hatchery marked" means a fish that has a healed scar in place of the
adipose fin.

Sport anglers are encouraged to participate in the voluntary Salmon Sport Head
Recovery program by labelling and submitting heads from adipose fin-clipped
chinook and coho salmon. Recovery of coded-wire tags provides critical
information for coast-wide stock assessment. Contact the Salmon Sport Head
Recovery Program at (866) 483-9994 for further information.

Did you witness suspicious fishing activity or a violation? If so, please call
the Fisheries and Ocean Canada 24-hour toll free Observe, Record, Report line
at (800) 465-4336.

For the 24 hour recorded opening and closure line, call toll free at 1-(866)
431-FISH, or 604-666-2828 in the Lower Mainland.

FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Please call DFO Annacis Island at 604-666-8266.

Fisheries & Oceans Operations Center - FN0615
Sent August 2, 2006 at 1519
So much for a nice quiet peaceful river ....

GOFISH 8)

·
Registered
956 Posts
This may be a dumb question, but does this cover the waters from Lickman up past Pegleg Bar?

·
Registered
956 Posts
Thanks, I knew where Mission was but am new to the area and am unfamiliar where Alexandra is.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Lickman is the Vedder river to clarify and there is no sockeye opening on the Vedder. This is the Fraser river only.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Correct, I was just referring to Lickman, as in the Lickman Rd exit, because of launching to head near Grassy. Thank you for being willing to let me know just in case though.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Nice!!! Let the Gong show begin!!

Looks like I'll be taking the boat out on Sunday After all.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Hey Abby, just want to clarify, so that means if one gets his or hers two fraser fish then goes up to the harrison you can keep two more
Crazy D

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hmmmmmmmmm ....

Crazy Drifter .... If that were the case a person could catch and keep 2 on any river they fish between the mouth of the Fraser and Hope? I believe the "Daily" limit for Sockeye is 2. It doesn't matter what water you fish. But I do like your reasoning. :wink:

GOFISH 8)

·
Registered
63 Posts
May i ask how i can catch my self a sockeye , Never have in my life , Im 18 and i wana catch a nice sized salmon.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
fished laidlaw yesterday afternoon......socks are definitely there in spurts.....i was into 6 and did not do nearly as good as the two guys beside me......it was calm quiet and no pressure as there were only 6 or 7 rods in the water.......that will change in a big way come friday.......i was told you still can't get into pegleg so laidlaw will be sick......i think i will wait for the movie to come out to see this show

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I'm not sure about the part of the river that is closed.I was on the Fraser on Tuesday and saw a place they7 call croft Island.Is that part of the river closed for retention? And by the way in the two hours I was there i got one sock ,two for my buddy and helped a getlemen land what looked to be a 30-35 lb spring.It was a big fish for sure.

Hotrod.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I don't know about that GF on the dfo site section two states the total aggregate quota for all spieces in fresh or saltwater is four fish. It seems this would work like the steelhead quota of 2 per day, so you take one from the vedder and go get another from the chehalis. I dont plan on trying it , but if someone could clarify it that would be cool.
Crazy D

·
Registered
54 Posts
CD, the total aggregate for salmon on the Fraser (and anywhere to my understanding) is FOUR. That means, only 2 sockeye from the Non-tidal Fraser, upto 4 from the tidal portion below the mission bridge (but you gotta have a tidal waters liscence), 4 springs (only one over 50cm) and that's it for now. So, you can get two sockeye and keep fishing for your big spring in the non-tidal Fraser River and even keep fishing for jack (less than 50 cm) springs (unlikely, but prossible). But if the limit for both waters is the same (two sockeye), then the two limits do not allow you to get 2xlimit (four sockeye) but only a single limit (two sockeye). But if you're in it for sockeye get your two sockeye and go home so your head doesn't hurt from the congestion on the bar.

Hope I didn't confuse you.

B-Daddy

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Reddev_rever,
May i ask how i can catch my self a sockeye , Never have in my life , Im 18 and i wana catch a nice sized salmon.
to catch socks on the upper fraser you pretty much have to floss them. If you are familiar with bottom bouncing your are already there. If not, you want to go buy some Bouncing Betties from the Tackle shop, about 2 oz. I personally like to keep a range of weights on me so I can change up depending on the flow of the water I choose. But basically the set-up goes as follows:
1. Tie a three way swivel to your mainline (about 20lb test)
2. On the odd swivel you want to tie on your leader (I usually go with 15 lb test). The leader length is all personal preference, for socks you can with 5ft or so, some people like it longer.
3. Tie on to your leader a corkie or small spin n glo then a 3/0 hook. (you can put yarn on if you wish)
4. Clip on the bouncing Betty on the third swivel and away you go.
5. Cast upstream and let the weight bounce its way downstream.

If you are unsure abou this method, just go to a bar and observe the other fisherman, you will pick up on it right away.

Cheers

·
Registered
911 Posts
Got ya. That was what I had figured but there was a post from another member about a week ago about keeping four sock's so I thought maybe there was a change in the reg's. I may take the boat and the better half out to get one for a weekend bbq
Thanks for the PM GF
Crazy D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts